My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, February 9, 2014

My Sunday

I just couldn't talk myself into grocery shopping yesterday 'cause it was too dang cold!  I got out my long underwear and pajamas and curled up in the chair with a blanket instead.  I did go out early this morning as it felt warmer and I usually prefer early morning shopping to avoid crowds.  Okay. To avoid people, in general.

As I was heading down 8th street, a cop car came towards me and since I ALWAYS watch them in my rear view mirror after they've passed (to make sure they keep on going), I was surprised to see this one turn on his lights and pull a quick u-turn.  I knew it couldn't be me (unless I had a headlight out)  but I suspected maybe the van in front of me 'cause I didn't feel his ladder was secured good enough and I was keeping my distance.  I never did find out who he was after (not me or the van, though) as I turned and he never kept coming towards the intersection.  Must have been some guy behind me.

Man, my hands feel rough and chapped this week.  Nothing like changing the subject. Think I'll stop here and lather up.  Never know when somebody might want to hold my hand.

I worked on my 'memoir' of sorts this morning.  All morning.  Sometimes I can't get in the mood to sit down and type but once I do, I always fall right  into the pattern and end up working for hours.  This particular piece is called '27 Neighborhoods' detailing places I've lived all my life along with neighbors, family, friends, events, etc.  I may end up changing the title later.  I'm inserting a lot of pictures and a ton of diary notations along the way.  I may end up getting a hard copy printed when I'm finished.  Depends on the pocketbook.

Whoops!  An ice skater just fell during one of his leaps.  Uh oh, a second fall.  Bet he's thinking this is a crappy day!  Poor guy.

I worked on my jigsaw puzzle for a while.  I'm still training myself to show restraint and not let it consume my hours.  That's how I got addicted to cigarettes and desserts.  I loved them too much.  ha ha

Pictures today are snow scenes.
                                           Cousin Marlee with her snowman in Gig Harbor
                                         Cousin Cindy's monkey tail tree in Gig Harbor
                                 Cousin Katrina (by marriage) of her area at Silver Lake
 Wish I had remembered to take my camera as it takes better shots but this was with my cell phone while I was getting gas at Safeway.  Shows the courthouse with mountains in the background.  We didn't actually get any snow and for that I am thankful.
This was my favorite.  I knew Mary and Andy would figure out how to get a picture with Jake and his first snowfall.  Makes me giggle every time I see it.  I sure do wish I lived closer.  It's just as well I don't, though; I'd only get on their nerves.  (that's a lie.  I could never get on their nerves)

Ever since I found a rat in my bird feeder, my eyes are constantly heading  to the sliding glass door to look out and see if he's back.  I plan to dismantle that whole area this month for sure.

Was a little late sticking my cornish game hen in the oven today (couldn't pull myself away from the puzzle) so I probably won't get to have supper until 7 tonight.  Not that it matters.  I obviously need to quit blogging now.  My news is getting to the boring stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment