My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday morning rain

Tried to make a doctor appointment this morning but the voicemail said it was closed for a holiday. I guess that means no mail today either. I wonder if there's school.  Doesn't matter, I suppose, I don't have any plans to leave the house.  Rain is coming down steadily and I intend to find indoor activities to amuse me.

Have to post on my genealogy blog, post on my facebook page for my Town Kid book, work on the jigsaw puzzle of the grand canyon that John O'Brien gave me, and I think that's it.  I got two hummingbird feeders hung yesterday in between the rain showers and as soon as I can get my shoulders healed, I'll see about doing a little weeding outside my window. I laid low yesterday and did manage to sleep a little better than the night before but I know I still have to get to the bottom of this ailment as I have things to attend to and don't need to  get any more sedentary than I already am.

I signed up for MGo TV on my Roku device and decided to rent a couple of movies.  Cost me $10 total but that was still cheaper than going to the movie house -- and much more comfortable.  I saw Robert Redford's flick called 'All is Lost' and 'The Dallas Buyer's Club.'  Both were good but neither deserves best movie.  Redford's movie had no dialogue and that irked me.  Even if you're alone, most people mutter to themselves.  I felt sorry for his predicament but also felt like he was a damn fool going out in the ocean on a boat alone.

Matthew McConaughy looked dreadful but I guess that was the plan.  It wasn't a pleasant movie by any means.  The dialogue was rough and the story line was sad, sad, sad.  I like sad movies most of the time but I like happy movies too.  I came across 'Grease' a couple of times while channel surfing yesterday and I always stopped to watch a bit. Even though I own that movie, it still tickles me to hear the music and watch John Travolta dance.  I was  35 when that movie came out.  I loved it then. I love it now. It was nominated for several Golden Globes including best picture but was only nominated for one Oscar --the song: Hopelessly Devoted to you.

Forced myself to stay up to watch Downton Abbey last night.  I sure do like that show.  Guess I'll get to my 'to-do' list now.

No comments:

Post a Comment