My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, February 21, 2014

My Friday plans

As soon as I opened the curtains in this room, I was eye to eye with the neighbor's cat that was staked out under the nearby bush hoping to ambush my birds.  She ran home as soon as I opened the front door. She hasn't figured out what that umbrella is yet.  I was reading in my "how to rid your home of pests" book yesterday and I think I'm going to spray the area with the mixture they suggested.  I'm also going to place the one bird feeder I have on a higher stake.  I miss my hummingbirds.

I hope this problem corrects itself but I know mother nature is at work here and it's natural for cats to be amused with birds.  Still..... the whole block across the street is FULL of birds and other rodents so why can't they make that their hunting ground.  Actually, I know they do.  I've seen several cats stalking around over there.  Good lord!  I need to find another diversion in my life.

I had another bad night with neck and shoulder pain. Sure am glad I made that doctor appointment.  Now I have to keep my fingers crossed that the problem will be pinpointed.  My guess is impinged nerve but like I said, I don't have my medical degree yet.

I had emailed Mary that I loved any and all pictures she sent me of Jacob and that I found myself just smiling and looking at them over and over again.  She sent me another saying:  How about this one?
I'm betting that was Andy's idea.  ha ha ha ha

Well, the washing machine just turned off so I guess I'll cut this short and get to work around here.  Intend to cut out a couple more quilt squares, maybe lay out another jigsaw, finish listening to my book on tape, put clean sheets on the bed, ride that exercise bike, and make up my spray mixture.  First though, I need to work my morning crossword puzzle online and write a quick letter.

Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment