My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Grandkids make me smile

Having the twins in the car continues to be my best opportunity for a laugh.  I picked them up early this morning for a ride to school and Maddie said ‘thanks for putting my picture on your blog; we’re gonna be in the paper today too.’
I asked Hunter if he had noticed my reply to his post on facebook.  He said ‘yeah, but I didn’t get it.’
(It had to do with the time kids have to change classes)

Hunter’s post: So we have this project in Mrs. Sanders class and we have to get data for it and my topic is longer passing periods. So like this if you would want longer passing time and comment if you don't. Thank you!
Gramma’s answer:  I don't want longer passing periods. I want to go fast!

I explained to him that older people would get it.  Maddie said:  ‘ I thought maybe you were talking about having a period but I know old people don’t have them.’
Hunter:  Wait…what? Old people don’t get periods?  I seriously didn’t know that.

And I laughed all the way home.

It was raining kind of hard as I made my way home after dropping them off and it looked like there was a  bit of snow mixed in.  The mountains do show some white stuff fell overnight.  I hope it stays in the mountains. The sun is out now so I'm not going to worry about it.

I started watching 'Glee' on Netflix last night and am actually enjoying it this time around.  Not being interrupted with commercials seems to be a factor in my viewing choices as I didn't give it much attention when it was on regular tv.  It actually helped me stay on my exercise bike longer so I think I'll use that aid again.  I really need to get outside and start walking.  And how many times have I said that to myself?  About as many times as I said it was time to lose weight.  A hundred million maybe?  ha ha

I had to laugh yesterday when Mary called me while running errands.  We were chatting but had to stop talking while she was at a light because Jacob starts to howl when the car quits moving.  Quiets down immediately once she's underway again.  Oh, how I wish I lived closer.  Last week I answered a phone call from her and she had her and Jake set up on video chat.  Amazing! I haven't figured out how to do that yet but I love that we have the option.

I taped Jimmy Fallon last night as I enjoy his humor but can't stay awake that late. I plan to watch it this afternoon.  Am half finished with my grand canyon jigsaw and am thinking I'll put out another or.... maybe get back to sewing.  Kind of depends on my energy level and mood.  I do love that about retirement.  I can work on a hobby, exercise, watch tv, or nap if I so desire. Ahhhhhh.....

For now, though, I think I'll empty the dryer, put away the laundry, take out the trash, and maybe post on my genealogy blog.  Oh wait, it's Wednesday.  Gotta go read the Leader while I have a second cup of coffee.  I did buy a power ball ticket for tonight's drawing.  Keep your fingers crossed for me 'cause if I win, I'm spreading the dough all over the place with everybody I know.

Here's three cartoons I got in an email this morning.  All made me laugh out loud.





No comments:

Post a Comment