My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, February 20, 2014

What's in a name? A lot.

Just finished watching yet another story on the nat'l news about how many Americans are taking sleeping pills.  My first thought was....we've already heard this.  My second thought was .... somebody on staff and up high is friends with the Kennedys.  I knew, without a doubt, the upcoming trial with a Kennedy would be mentioned and it would be noted that  women everywhere are taking sleeping pills without understanding what they can do.  Baloney, baloney!

Do they actually think we don't see through this transparency story of trying to turn opinions before the jury is picked?  All depends on who you are.  We all know that.

Interesting too how the Olympic reporting is slanted when we aren't winning medals.  It's the weather. It's the course not being made right.  It's the water.  It's the judges.  It's the new uniforms. GIVE ME A BREAK!

On the flip side, there's a story playing now about a dog they did a brain scan on to see how their brains are like our brains and how dogs feel what we feel.  Hell!  Any fool knows that!  Of course they know. I really need to get a dog.  No, no, I don't.  Yes I do.  No  No ....

Now the Amber alert.  How many times do we have to hear this story?  And how come my cell phone went off with a weird alarm and alerted me to the amber alert?  Never did that before.  And yes, I know Amber Alerts are a good thing.  We have way too many mentals walking around in the role of parent to not have Amber Alerts.

Well, back to my crossword.  I had to bring my laptop out here to have google nearby.  Just couldn't get any of the clues to make sense to me.  When my crossword dictionary won't help (and I refuse to look up the answer) I have to turn to cheating with google.  I tell myself this still okay because I'm improving my brain.

It is hard to sit here, however, with a keyboard in front of me while the news is playing in the background.  Some days (most days) the news makes me talk out loud and say bad words.

No comments:

Post a Comment