My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, August 3, 2012

A Mole

A page from  Fred Gwynne's book...  tomorrow I start his second book  (good stuff)

I've had a pretty nice Friday so far.  Went outside early before it got too hot as I had a little weeding to do and then came back inside to run the washer, dryer, and dishwasher.  (I don't take my appliances for granted either!)  I love our modern world.

I spent most of the morning (after running to Safeway) on my autobiography.  I finished up my California years and will start on my Seattle days tomorrow or whenever I get to it again.  Have had Pandora music streaming in over the television set and it's been DELIGHTFUL!  Hearing a lot of singers and tunes I haven't heard before.  Like this one....



Also heard 'Stand by me' by Otis Redding and 'God walks the dark hills' by Iris Dement.

I finished a quilt for my cousin that I'm going to hook up with next month when she comes to PT for her 79th birthday.  The quilt is unremarkable ('cause I'm just not that great at sewing) but I kind of liked the tag I sewed on it.  Took me a while to figure out how to run her picture through my printer with a piece of material but I did it!


I just saw a message on Facebook from a cousin in Bend, OR (that I haven't met yet) that she found some poems written by my grandpa's sister, Elizabeth.  Some were printed in the paper. I'm so eager to get a look at them.  I'm going to have to sign up for Ancestry.com again.  The genealogy bug is starting to itch.

Posted on my Leader blog about an hour ago. Sure hope I get some replies as I think it would be a good subject.  And please don't hesitate to send in one yourself if you think of something fun to write.

The kids are back from camp. Maddie's already posted several things on Facebook--one being that "she's in a relationship."  She cracks me up.  Hunter was looking around the house to see what went on while he was gone and he saw the paperwork for his folks' new car.  Then he went to my blog as he figured I'd have a picture.  Ha Ha  He just called and said he'd seen the ebay account and was pleased he's made over $100 on his car parts.

I've got one disk left to listen to on this audio book I checked out of the library so I guess I'll get to that now.  Took the first pill of my prescription last night but I knew it wouldn't work that fast. Woke up several times with foot and leg cramps and they remained most of the morning too.  What else can go wrong with this dang body of mine?!  Lots of things really.  There's a ton of things to choose from.

Made a yummy potato salad for supper with leftover chicken and some beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment