My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, August 17, 2012

Summer Roast

I've been getting up around 6 a.m. during this hot spell.  The early morning hours are quite pleasant and I get everything accomplished (well, mostly) that I have on my "to-do list."  First thing I noticed when I opened the front curtains was that the deer had come up to the window during the night and ate all the bird seed.  I had contemplated whether that particular bird feeder would interest them or if it would be too difficult to get at the seed.  Apparently, I guessed wrong.  I changed to another one but even it looks like it could go either way.  I may have to invest in a feeder like the one I have hanging that only the birds can get at.

I should go out there right now (7:30 a.m.) to transplant my yellow flowers that they devoured last week, but I suppose I could  do that later on.  I don't actually have any plans for today.  Might do a little work at the sewing machine if it doesn't get too warm in the kitchen.  Last night I put my fan that is on a tall stand up on the table hoping it would circulate the air closer to the ceiling. (my rendition of a ceiling fan).  Not sure if it made a difference or not. I had two other fans going in the living room as well.  If I stayed put in my recliner and didn't get up to do anything, I was halfway comfortable in the evening heat.

I could have gone into my bedroom where the a/c unit was purring away and the room was much cooler but.....I had two seasons of 'Weeds' that I had checked out of the library and they only let you keep DVDs a week.  I was totally hooked on the first set and had to keep going to find out what was going to happen.  I could do without all the sex scenes and four letter words but the story line and dialogue is quite good.

And here's my Fred Gwynne page for today.... 

Gorilla War

I had to turn off the TV sooner than usual this morning. Sometimes the news (or what they consider news) just irritates the hell out of me.  The big story on GMA today was conterfeit high heel shoes that deprives our government of taxes.  They showed shoes that cost $3000 and $6000 a pair and one  example they had in hand showed a $150 pair verses a lookalike pair for $3. One from Italy. One from China. Oh please!  I DON'T GIVE A RIP!

They also had a story about parents leaving kids in hot cars. They made a point of saying that forgetting a kid in the back seat can happen to ANYONE in our stressful busy world today of multitasking.  They suggested the driver put something important like their wallet or phone or keys in the back seat so they remember the kid is there too.  If that isn't the dumbest assinine thing I've ever heard in my life!  Let's be responsible folks. If you can't remember you have a kid in the back seat, YOU DON'T DESERVE TO HAVE A KID!  Period!

Was looking for an old photo to show a new Facebook friend and came across this one of her in the late sixties or early seventies. Cracked me up to see how clever I was at decorating with balloons. ha ha --    I remember those curtains, that tablecloth,chip and dip plate, ashtray, the glasses, and the hanging light but I sure don't recall those chairs. Pictured is John Baldridge, Judy Sofie Hyatt, and Diane Westergaard.


I mailed off several envelopes of old pictures to friends yesterday.  Still have plenty to dispose of, though.  All in good time.  I've got an idea brewing of how to use all my family photos. Well, not all but some.  Am thinking of writing up a family tree type story and inserting scanned photos by the names.  Still working it through in my head.


Going to the Clallam County Fair tomorrow morning so I'll have a few pictures of that to share later in the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment