My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The green green grass of home


I'm heading into Port Townsend Saturday. Going to the Fair for a couple hours and then out to Port Ludlow to visit with old classmates.  If I have time, I just might head over to Chetzemoka Park too. Always relaxing to sit there and look at the view.

I didn't work on my book today. Too busy doing other writing projects like emails, this blog, and my Leader blog.  Think I'll spend a little time cleaning up files on my computer too.  Got a few more copies of old poems my great aunt wrote back in the early 1900's, and I was very happy to get them.

I stayed up till 11 watching the Olympics but it was an effort as my eyes kept trying to close. I guess my expectations for the pills working on my leg and foot cramps was premature as the little buggers returned again about 2:30 a.m.  I got up, drank some vinegar (who knows if it's working) and accepted the fact that if this is RLS I'm dealing with, at least it's nothing unique as millions suffer from it.  I'll continue with all the little things I've been doing like bonemeal, tonic water, vinegar, Vitamin E, and the prescription.

I was trying to remember the car trip north back in 1966 when my ex husband and I left San Pablo, California for Seattle.  For some reason, I couldn't remember a thing about it so I called him up. Come to find out, the reason nothing came to mind was because he drove the car up alone to find work and I came up later on the train with my daughter, Susan.  Don't remember the train trip either but now that I type those words, I do recall being worried that I could keep her occupied during the whole time.  I'll start writing on Kirkland days tomorrow and that should be easier as I have a few pages from my diary printed out to refer to. 

I searched everywhere yesterday but finally had to give up and accept the fact that I had tossed out what I had saved for years--a large manila envelope full of check registers for the 60's & 70's.  Darn it! They would have helped me remember things so much easier.

I've got my Pandora music channel streaming in through the television as usual and whenever they play a song from somebody I've never heard of, I write it down so I can search for them on YouTube.
I really like this one called Pretty Girl by Diana Jones.

I also heard this couple on TV called Joey+Rory. Ever heard of them?  They've got a few videos on YouTube and this one was really a tear jerker.... "When I'm gone."  What a fantastic voice!




And here's my Fred Gwynne picture for today.....  You drive me right up the wall!


I'll dedicate this to all those folks who need to lighten up as they continue to debate on our high school logo being offensive.  Always interesting to see how some people will jump on a bandwagon and talk a subject to death trying to convince the rest of us that we really need to agree with their side of the argument.  Give it a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment