My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Frog in throat

a page from Fred Gwynne's book....
I've been plowing along from one little chore to another all morning.  I have a package to mail this afternoon so I needed to reteach myself out to print labels.  Took me way too long so this time I wrote out the steps.  Should have done that the last time but I'm a slow learner.

Staked up my pretty new yellow flowers in the front as they were leaning too much.  Just love seeing them blow in the wind as I sit here typing.  I wonder if appreciating nature is something you do more as you age.  I never used to take such pleasure in trees, flowers, and birds.

Headin' in to the doctor at 2 pm and keeping my fingers crossed that she'll be able to explain what this month-long foot cramping is all about.  It hasn't let up once in the last 30 days or more.

Jenni went back to work this morning. I hope it wasn't too soon. Yesterday she wore herself out car shopping. I was really surprised when she dropped off the dog this morning and pulled into my driveway with this...

It's a 2011 Ford Escape. Paid about what I did for mine but I think I like hers a little bit more. Especially the gear shift area and front seat caddy--and color!  I love red.  She told me I needed to go back and trade my white one in for something else if I wasn't totally happy.  I'm kind of reluctant to do that. It took all my strength to get through it the first time.  I did notice this morning that there is a seat belt in the very far back of my car that I didn't see before.   You can open up the storage floor to put  extra things in a cubby hole like area,  and I suppose a person could sit back there with their feet in that spot.  At least Hunter did when he was looking the car over carefully.  Being able to have seating back there is an added bonus if you can use it for seating. I'll have to find out.

I've got a quilt to finish up today. Either tying it or sewing it.  If I opt to quilt it on the machine, I'll probably end up making it look tacky.  Most of my blankets end up that way anyhow.  I'm also going to work on my memorbilia and picture sorting project.  I still haven't made up my mind how best to preserve some of the odds and ends I've accumulated like newspaper clippings and such.  I do have to make a library run so perhaps I'll look over their section on scrapbooking and see if I can't get some clever ideas on how to preserve keepsakes without spending an arm and a leg on doo dads.

Guess I'll change the calendars now.  Hard to believe it's August already.

No comments:

Post a Comment