My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mid week

Did a little running around this afternoon.  Went to the car dealership and got my plates. Now I have to figure out what the initials can stand for. AIE  That's kind of a hard one. Always In Ecstasy?  Nah, that's stupid.  Arthritis Is Evil?  I'll think of something.  I have four numbers instead of three. Is that something new or have I just not noticed cars with 4 numbers on their plate?  At least mine is easy to remember..5 (my lucky number) and then my birth month and year.

The dealer showed me a couple more things I didn't understand and I'm liking the car the more I drive it.  Unfortunately, I see on the news tonight I may have to take it in for work.  2011 RAV4 have been reported as needing to be recalled for a suspension problem.  That's just great!

Stopped at Walmart to get a prescription and bought a few groceries while I waited.  Doctor prescribed this drug called Gabapentin. I take it at bedtime as it's supposed to make you drowsy. I take one pill for four nights and then up my dosage to 2 pills for four nights. Then three, then four, working myself up to 6 pills a night.  First though, I'm trying over the counter benadryl just to see if that helps.

I was so thankful she said she didn't think an MRI was necessary.  Said if I was having pain in both feet and legs, it was very unlikely to be a pinched nerve as that only affects one side at a time. Jenni said she took this drug for her painful legs but it didn't work so they switched to another and it works much better for her.  Doctor seems to think I have Restless Leg Syndrome. 

I know two of my cousins have it. At least one still has it and it did enter my mind as I read about my symptoms online.  I dismissed it, though, as I thought it meant you just have a tendency to constantly need to move your legs.  The doctor said that's just one aspect of it and that cramps can also be a symptom.  Hmmmm... gonna be interesting to see if I get any relief.  I was a little nervous that the drug might be super expensive but thankfully, it was only $20.  I don't have drug insurance.

She ruled out other possibilities because I had just completed having blood work and all my numbers came back okay ruling out iron deficiency and such.

It's almost Wheel of Fortune time so guess I'll get my jammies on and head to my recliner.  Tomorrow I'll continue to sort through my memorbilia boxes and notebooks.  Posted a short blog on the Leader today too.

Wayne just called to have me print off another mailing label for Ebay stuff that Hunter posted.  I figured all his car parts that he found and cleaned up was junk but what do I know!  He's sold 4 or more items already and made over $100.  Easy to see that he's going to be a go-getter at making money.

No comments:

Post a Comment