My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Lions Pray

picture from the second Fred Gwynne book I bought:  (I just love this one!)
LIONS PRAY ON OTHER ANIMALS

It got a tad warm today. It's only 4:30 so I suspect it's gonna get warmer.  I've got a fan running in here or I'd never be able to sit and type.  Also have a couple going in the living room.

I started sewing some quilt squares together again but I'm just sewing a little at a time in a running stream so I can leave it whenever I get weary and pick it up again another day.  These squares are 2-1/2" square while the last batch was 2". Still going to take me a while but that's okay.

I made an early morning run down to the health store to pick up some bone meal powder. Thought I'd give it a try by mixing it with yogurt or other morning food.  Last night (or I should say this morning) was the first time in over a month that I didn't have to get up early because of foot and leg cramps.  I don't think it's the pill I started taking as it's too soon but whatever the reason, I'm happy about it, and hope it continues.  I'm drinking vinegar twice a day too as I read that can help.

Printed off some poems a cousin in Bend sent me of my grandpa's sister, Elizabeth. She wrote them in 1916 and while they're kind of simple (and a tad corny) I'm still thrilled to have them. Especially since it's in her handwriting.  One was printed in the newspaper. I'll see if it will cut and paste here. If you click on it, it might be legible enough to read.

Thought I'd share some pictures I found online that this guy in PT took. I can't remember his name but we had some dialogue going on the Leader website about the mill noise.  He told me about his website called grindphoto.com.  I think these pictures are terrific. He took them with a remote control airplane.  There's a video on there too.  Took me a while to figure out how to find and run the video but you should look it over. it's interesting.  Here are the pictures I especially loved...
(click on to enlarge)


Back to the living room now. I'm loafing the rest of the day.  My daughter lent me four seasons of "Weeds" and I'm totally hooked on it now. 

and here's a group from the past that is unique.... theVillage People and YMCA!

No comments:

Post a Comment