My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

CAW! CAW!

I posted this picture on Facebook of crows on my lawn yesterday and heard two interesting stories back. Joy Bland said they were in the parking lot at Walmart and noticed half a dozen or more crows.  Pretty soon 20 or 30 crows arrived and they were very interested in a large sack of bird seed from Costco sitting in the back of a pickup truck.  When the owners came out, they found the package all pecked up with bird seed all over the bed of their truck.  And Fred Camfied shared that a friend had a box of gourmet chocolates delivered and it was left on his porch.  He came home to find pieces of the box and packaging material all over....plus a very happy dog.  Hmmm...I can't help but wonder how that dog felt later. I've always heard that chocolate is poison for dogs.

Here's my Fred Gwynne page for today:
airplaine hangers

I think I'm going to move a bird feeder to the front yard window area today.  Just too much fighting over who gets to sit on the perch of the one feeder I have out there.  I have to pick up Hunter in an hour so we can UPS his last ebay item.  This one is a fender for a 1967 Buick Skylark. He got over a hundred dollars for it!


Even though we aren't going under Labor Day weekend, I've started my packing list for the beach vacation I'm going on with Mary and Jenni at Ocean Shores. We're sharing expenses for this condo on the shore.


It's called Pacific House and I just read the specs on it.  It has a hot tub among several other things so I guess I'll add a bathing suit to my packing list.  As long as I can be assured that cameras are hidden during my unveiling. 

I forgot to wish my cousin, Cindy Renner, Happy Birthday yesterday. I remembered on Facebook but forgot on my blog.  Cindy lives in Gig Harbor and is the youngest daughter of my first cousin, Bob Walker.  We probably never would have got to know each other without the introduction of computers into our lives.  We started emailing as she has an interest in family history too.  Now I hear from her regularly on a close friend basis. Also hear and receive pictures often from her sister, Marlee, who also lives in Gig Harbor.  Cindy works at a dentist office and Marlee works at Gig Harbor High School.  Their older sister, Cheryl, also lives in Gig Harbor.  Here's a picture of the three of them at a party. 
                                                                       Cheryl, Marlee, Cindy

And here they are as younger kids.....


It's lookin' kind of gray outside but I'm sure it will clear up later. Was kind of surprised to hear the loud thunder yesterday afternoon and even more surprised when the rain came down in cloudbursts. I rode my bike for a half hour about 10 a.m. and will try and get out there again today. My activities list for today is about the same as always...do a little writing, do a little sewing, do a little computer file clean-up.  I probably should sweep the kitchen too--ugh! And then there's that pile of ironing that's starting to grow. I suppose I should make an attempt to get rid of it.

Was kind of interesting watching the Olympics last night. At least the gymnastics part. I sure felt sorry for those girls on the balance beam.  Of all the activities they perform, that balance beam thingie looks the worst.  I had to turn off the  Today Show this morning when they were interviewing some girl athlete. She had to be one of the worst offenders of saying YOU KNOW of anyone I've ever had to listen to.  In this case, I didn't have to listen and the channel got switched.

And with that...I'm off the air myself. Time to get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment