My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, August 20, 2012

Errands here and there

Seems like I was on the go most of the day.  It's 4:40 p.m. now and  whatever else needs to get done is just going to have to wait because my energy level is at zero.  Sure am thankful I had Hunter here today as he was a huge help.

I went to the library at 9 to drop off some books in the slot, then drove over to the chiropractor for an adjustment. Then it was off to Walgreens to pick up reprints and I stopped by the neighborhood store to buy lotto tickets.

Hunter called wanting me to take him to the fairgrounds to pick up his exhibit and ribbon money. He also wanted to haul his motorized scooter over here so we did that and then stopped at the Airport Nursery so I could invest in a few plants and flowers that I'd read deer won't eat.  Doesn't look like much but with Hunter's help, I got a few things in the area just outside my computer window.
Yvonne called wanting help with posting something on Ebay so she came over and Hunter helped us through the steps. Then she took us to lunch at Taco Time.  We came back home and Hunter dug up some flower bulbs Yvonne wanted of mine so then we went back to her place and Hunter dug a hole and helped us get them in the ground.

Then Hunter and I went back to the library but the two books I wanted weren't available. I should have known to check online first. I'll look on half.com to see if I can find them.  I did pick up a book by Nora Roberts that Sharon Hoare had told me about.  Actually, she said Nora was her favorite author and suggested I read one of her books.

After the library, Hunter and I stopped at Albertsons to get various foods I'd read will help leg cramps.  Sweet potatoes, bananas, low sodium V8 juice and Yvonne gave me tumeric.  One way or another, I'm going to try everything I hear about.

I unloaded the dishwasher, washed up a sink of dishes, swept and mopped the kitchen, mailed off three letters with pictures, and watered all the flowers and trees around the house.  I guess if I type it all out, it does sound like I've got an excuse to be tired.

Tomorrow will be easier.  I'll work on my next Leader blog (a really good one) and do some writing on my autobiography.  Will also sew a bit while listening to a book on tape. I picked up 'The Good Earth' by Pearl Buck. I read it decades ago.  Last night I was in the mood for a movie so I streamed in "Hunger Games" with Amazon.  Boy, what a sad movie.  Tonight I've got a few things taped so I'll kick back with my cross stitch and see if I can stay awake long enough to watch them.

I noticed the neighbor next door just got a new chocolate lab puppy.  I'll have to see if Sammy and him can play together.  Outside, of course.  I sure am looking forward to my Labor Day weekend vacation.  I just love going to the ocean.  And here's hoping I find Japanese junk.  Ha ha

I think I'm done with Fred Gwynne pictures.  Maybe one more.... Santa Claws


And here's a video with a guy  whose voice I really like. I have a lot of his music.

No comments:

Post a Comment