My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cousins

One of my Gig Harbor cousins stopped in with her husband this afternoon.  They were visiting the Hoh Rain Forest and intended to stop at the Black Bear Restaurant in Sequim on the way home. Sure was nice to see them--especially after I found out she brought me a PRESENT!  Woo Hoooo!  Presents are good!  I had been looking for a sailboat mobile and she found one for me.

We visited for about an hour comparing, among other things, what tv shows we watched.  I had forgotten how tall Marlee was--especially when she standing next to me.  But on the other hand, everybody is taller than I am.
Can't say that I'm all that fond of this picture Jeff took but oh well, it is what it is...and I am14 years older than her. Her birthday is Monday so I made her take a couple of my sewing projects as a present.

I let Sammy come in and he immediately jumped up on Marlee to lick her face.  He was slower warming to Jeff even though Jeff was the one extending his hand to pet him from the get go.  Marlee, on the other hand, is not a "dog person" and didn't welcome those wet licks.  I don't like dogs licking my face either but Jenni does.  I thought dogs were "tuned in", so to speak, on those folks who weren't animal lovers but for whatever reason, Marlee was the one he wanted to sit on.

Here's Marlee and Jeff on my couch. It came out kind of dark as the light was behind them and I can't figure out how to operate my camera under those conditions.

Starting to warm up in here so I think I'll turn off the computer for the night and try to cool down in front of living room fans. Don't have any plans to go anywhere for the next two days.  I'll be ever so glad when the heat spell passes

And here's my Fred Gwynne page...

My favorite painter is Dolly


No comments:

Post a Comment