My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, August 19, 2012

My day in Sequim

Oh, what a fun day I had.  I left the house around 11 to meet Lew Morello and Sharon Hoare at Hwy 101 Diner for lunch.  I stopped at Home Depot first to pick up a filter for my refrigerator. I suspected I wasn't going to be happy with the price and I was right. $48 for that damn thing!  What a ripoff!

Lunch was delicious. I was going to order a Louie Louie but settled instead for a small deluxe burger.  I've always liked their food.  From there I drove over to Green Acres to pick up friends from my old neighborhood and take them for a spin around Sequim in my new car.  They were all in a snit about the new manager and it made me sooooooo happy I don't live there anymore.  The other manager died and this new one is a first class bully.  Big Time! Calls up old ladies screaming at them to get their cars moved, and stuff like that.

One guy called the mobile park owners in Seattle and threatened to get the attorney general involved if they didn't get this manager in line as he's breaking all kinds of rules in his quest to be tsar of Green Acres.  At one point, half a dozen people all put for sale signs up in their windows at the same time to send a message.  I took a picture of my old place and noticed the euclyptus tree died.


 this is Vivian's place next door to my old trailer. She's got a green thumb.
 this is Buddy, the Welsh Corgi I used to take for walks
 this is Gupster Road where you turn into Green Acres halfway down the street on the right
Here's some of my old pals - Vivian in green, Rose in the back, and Charlotte in the front

We drove downtown and went into Ross' to look around. Rose found a cool foot stool for her RV and I think Vivian found some clothes. Charlotte wanted a Estee perfume but they didn't have it so I'll look for it when I go to the mall on Thursday.

From here we drove across town to a place near Carrie Blake Park where they were having outdoor concerts.

We didn't feel like walking over to sit on the grass so I took a short video and we left to drive thru John Wayne Marina.


They actually sounded a whole lot better than this video shows. I didn't particularly care for the song but they were playing other things too.



From there we went down the old highway to head back home. I got into a round-about (which I
know perfectly well how to maneuver in) but somehow or another I didn't realize I was already in the circle and I thought the woman on my right had the right of way.  I stopped (a huge no no) and the car behind me laid on his horn. I speeded up again to get out of the way and I must have irritated the hell out of him because he honked again.  I could just hear him "Stupid old women out for a joy ride!"  ha ha

As we got back on Gupster, we noticed this plum tree sitting out in a field near this old abandoned house and barn that is about to fall down.  It's been vacant for years. We decided to go home and get some bowls and come back and pick plums.






Here's a big pine tree that is sitting near our plum tree. I used to pass this all the time on my bike rides up and down Gupster Road
 here's some of the little pine cones growing on it. A ton of them
here's some of the fruit I brought home.  Yum!

After I drove the girls back home, I was making my way out of  Green Acres park and a police car drove by slowly.  Hmmmm....I wonder if someone reported a bunch of old ladies swiping fruit.  Ha ha

I stopped at Walmart to pick up a prescription and then came on home.  Tired.  While posting my concert video, I noticed that YouTube finally got around to putting up my Happy Soles Video that I shot yesterday at the fair. Guess I'll post it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment