My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday morning

Just killing a little time before I head into Sequim to meet up with Lewie for lunch.  Had to turn on my air filter last night to cover the noises of the night.  Last fair season, the teenage girl next door (who wasn't living there as the house was vacant while her mom lived with her boyfriend) decided to have a late night party. 

They woke me up as the "teenage boys" came through the back fence and made their way to the backdoor talking and laughing.  I knew the place was vacant and I suspected it was the teenager but...when I looked at the house, all the lights were out.  That made me wonder.  So I called the cops.
They were there for a couple of hours interviewing the party people separately in different sections of the yard.  I know because I watched and listened.  I was already awake as I had to answer the door for the cop.  Ha Ha

I felt a little guilty calling the cops as I remembered my glory days of late night parties and if the lights had been on, I would have let it go but that was their first mistake.  I wasn't positive it was the daughter of the owner.  Anyhow, she decided to throw another party last night.  Her mom lives there now but not all the time.  I wasn't sure if it was a slumber party or a drinkin' party but they woke me up at 1:30 when they went outside to smoke.  I turned on the air filter, cussed a bit, and went back to sleep.  I turned off the filter at 3:30 figuring they were asleep.  Nope. At 4:30 they went outside to play on the swings, slide, and trampoline.  Cussed some more and turned the air filter back on.

Just looked over the tv line-up for tonight and made my list of what I intend to tape. Survivorman programs on Discovery, Breaking Bad on AMC, and Exodus on Turner Classics.  Last night I watched a show on Netflix about the Reagans.  It was your basic soap opera type flick and not all that great. It did spark an interest, however, in wanting to read the books that Patty Davis and Maureen Reagan wrote. I think I'll check them out at the library.

Here's my Fred Gwynne picture for today....  Daddy has the best fishing tackle




Here's a short video I came across while surfing.  Made me laugh....

No comments:

Post a Comment