My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, August 13, 2012

The Olympics

I watched some of the Olympics but I didn't get into it as much as I thought I would.  I did love to watch "some" of the little side stories or the presentations.  I've always adored the British Nat'l Anthem.  Love love love it!


I had kind of a busy morning.  Decided to see the chiropractor since the toe, foot, and leg cramps have continued on night after night.  He said I was definitely in need of an adjustment.  I figured he'd say that anyhow since I haven't been there in 11 months.  But...I'm going back day after tomorrow for a second appointment.  Can't hurt and who knows, maybe it will actually fix whatever is awry.

I picked up Maddie from her orthodontic appt and she has new "blue" braces.  She was all excited about her new school clothes and had me come into her bedroom to see them. Both my granddaughters seem to prefer messy bedrooms!  But oh well, not my problem.  Susan always kept a messy bedroom too and it drove me nuts.  In Maddie's case, though, I think she needs a lot bigger bedroom.  Then again, I think you end up keeping your room just the way you want regardless of the size.

I remember as a kid I always wanted my bedroom (a very tiny place) neat and tidy while my sister didn't care how it looked.  We fought constantly about it and I was forever complaining to my dad that my life would be ever so much better if I had a room of my own.  Maybe that's why I like being single so much.  I can be as tidy or as messy as I want depending on my mood.

I took Hunter over to the fairgrounds with his large Lego city and thankfully, there were no lines at all.  I imagine he'll get a blue ribbon.  I stopped by the library to pick up two seasons of Weeds that they emailed me about and then ran into Albertsons to buy a loaf of bread so I didn't have to drive clear across town to the bread store.

There's two teenage boys riding up and down my street on their skateboards. Maybe I'll get on my bike and ride up and down the street with them.  Now would be a perfect time since it's not too hot. I understand we're gonna get some high temps later this week, though.
Here's my Fred Gwynne page for today... Daddy says he has a tree for all his shoes

I guess that's about it for today.  Yesterday's blog post was longer than usual. I think I'll head out to the kitchen and make some oat bran muffins.  Or....maybe I'll wait until tomorrow morning. All of a sudden, I don't feel like doing much of anything.

1 comment:

  1. My sister, 3 years younger, and I also ahared a bedroom for years. But since our house was so big, we convinced our parents to let us each have our own room when we were teenagers. I think that kept us from killing each other. Ha Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete