My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, August 24, 2012

Just goofing off today

I haven't accomplished a heck of a lot today...but I don't really care.  I did rearrange the frontroom (again). That task always perks me up a bit. I also made fresh hummingbird nectar and moved the feeders around to this window so I can watch them.
Since I seldom have people eating at my counter, I decided the plants could sit over there for a while.
My bedroom (which hasn't been my favorite place to hang out lately because of the foot and leg cramps that continue to make their appearance when I'm trying to have fun dreams) is just a storage area for fans....in case the temps rise again and I find the place too warm.
I went out in the backyard to water flowers and wondered again just how those dang dandelions can grow so quickly.  Here's a view of how they look to bugs.
I accidently stepped on the little zip drive that I had plugged into my old computer. I pulled it out and stuck it into my laptop and all the data is still there but I didn't want to mess with a zipdrive that was so exposed so I drove over to Walmart with Yvonne.
I picked up a few items to take to the ocean next weekend and we stopped by a hobby store to buy a kite since nobody else seemed to have any.  They had quite a few. One problem I've had with my second white car is that I often lose it when I return to large parking lots.  More than once I've approached a car with my clicking key and it wouldn't open for me.  I decided to tie a purple ribbon on the top to see if that helps.
Well, that's it for now. Tomorrow I'll post on Town Kid. I'm waiting on a couple more stories to come in.  Then I'll get back to work on my autobiography and my sewing project.  The People magazine arrived today so I guess I'll sit down and look at all the pretty people, even though they do get kind of tiresome.  You can only look at so many boobs and skinny legs before you start to feel a tad inferior. Okay...a whole lot inferior.  I've taken to wearing a hat a lot of the time that I'm out and about because my hair always looks dreadful.  I really should stop trying to cut it myself.  But on the other hand, it never looks particularly great after I pay $20 to some kid who can't cut hair either.


No comments:

Post a Comment