My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, August 10, 2012

Watch out for the Under Toe


Been sitting here for a while now 'cause I was determined to get my computer files cleaned up.  I think I've got a good handle on it now.  'Course I still the pictures to play with but that will take much longer and I'm not in the mood today.

Actually, I'm in kind of a sad mood.  Been suffering for the last 12 hours with a terrific low back/hip ache.  Woke up at 2 a.m. in a world of hurt and wondered just what the heck was going on.

I couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to pull my memory foam mattress in from the other bedroom and see if that would help.  I applied ice, then heat, and took as many pills as I thought I could get away with.  By 7 a.m. I couldn't bend forward.  Uh oh...I've got plans tomorrow and I don't have time for this nonsense!

I did what stretching exercises I could and forced myself to walk around and do housework like nothing was wrong.  I even got on my bike for a half hour after getting the washing machine going.  I waited until noon to take more pills.  I figured 3 Advil wouldn't hurt, and if it did, I didn't care.  I'm thinking of looking through my box of medicines and maybe rubbing in some Ben Gay or whatever is in there.  I also called the chiropractor and made an appt for Monday morning.  I don't know if he can help but I'm pinning my hopes on it. 

If this becomes a habit I'm going to have to bite the bullet and see about getting an MRI on my back. Who knows..maybe it's hip replacement time.  I don't do MRIs if there's anyway to get out of them. I have to be medicated to even think about letting myself be wheeled inside the tube. Ugh!

Do or die, I'm heading into P.T. early tomorrow morning. Leaving at 8 so I suppose I might have to get up at 6 or 7 to make sure I can walk.  Oh, this is really going to be fun.  Ha!  Must think positive, though; could be it will all be gone come morning.  I had planned on taking a walking stick to the fairgrounds anyhow.   My neighbor, Yvonne, has decided to tag along so that will be better than trying to maneuver alone.

While looking for a picture to post on Facebook, I came across one of Hunter cutting my grass. Not sure how old the picture was...maybe this year or last. I went out to take a photo of the lawn now and it is soooooo sad......

How can a lawn change that much?!  I suppose I could water but who can afford it.  Besides we had enough rain this summer already.  Below is another picture I took this morning in the front yard. My birdbath is quite the attraction.


I'm off to the bedroom now. Have a drawer full of socks to match up. Think it's about time I tossed a few pair as well.  I tried cleaning out my underwear drawer 'cause I have enough bras in there to outfit a softball team. Maybe two teams.  Just couldn't bring myself to do it, though.  Some things are harder to throw out than other things.  I keep favorite tee shirts because I just know I'm going to lose this big belly eventually.  Same with bras.  You can't really recycle bras and I'll be darned if I'm going to throw a completely good one in the trash just because my boobs have grown to an immense size.  ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha    That ought to amuse the grandkids!


No comments:

Post a Comment