My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Went to the Fair

Sure was happy to see the high temperatures leave.  It's been cloudy all day but still warm, and I don't care if it looks like rain. Yvonne and I went to the fair early and walked around for over two hours. Lots more to see than when we did the Jeff Co. fair last weekend.  They had several entertainers listed but most were later in the afternoon and in the evenings.  I'm more of a morning fair goer so I'll have to miss out.  I did video a dance group called Happy Soles but for some reason, it won't finish uploading on YouTube. I've even tried twice and it's only a minute long.

I did shoot a 30-second video of roosters crowing and two people who "tried singing" but I didn't feel like waiting for them to load so I just did this 30-second calf mooing.  Yeah...I know...boring...but it was interesting to me at the time.


They didn't have any baby pigs that I noticed but at least they had some pigs. Lots of chickens, goats, sheep,cows,etc. I liked walking through the dog barn too.
A ton of places to get food. We opted for sausage hotdogs but I was disappointed in it.  The sausage was too tough and the whole thing (when ordered with onions) was way too messy to try and eat. Thought the food prices were a tad too high as well. $8 for a hot dog below.

Lots of carnival rides but somebody wasn't doing their homework.  Saw two long lines of people trying to buy tickets while most of the rides sat idle waiting for riders.  A real waste of time and opportunity for income there.  I was tempted to go in the fun house and maybe ride the octopus or tilt-a-whirl but the lines were too long to give it further consideration.

We walked around and I took pictures here and there.











Came home to find a package so that was a nice surprise.  Ordered two blouses, a nightgown, and a hat because they had free shipping and free return. I also got 10% off my order by accepting one of their credit cards. Much to my delight, I was satisfied with all four items. Here's my hat....
I like it because it's not too warm but still warm enough and comes down far enough so I don't have to worry about the wind carrying it away.  I think I kinda look like an English cop, though--if you don't look at the shirt, that is.  I got three comments on my shirt while there.

Had a headache when I got up and now it's back again.  Been bothering me for a few hours so I'm assuming it's sinus related.  Damn nuisance having sinus headaches but at least I'm thankful I don't have them as frequently as I used to.  I took a couple aspirin but something tells me I may have to try another product. 

I got an interesting email from Linda Farina today. I think I've read this on water before but it's worth sharing anyhow. I need to put it on my fridge so I don't forget.
Drinking water at a certain time maximizes its effectiveness on the body

2 glasses of water after waking up - helps activate internal organs
1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal - helps digestion
1 glass of water before taking a bath - helps lower blood pressure
1 glass of water before going to bed - avoids stroke or heart attack

I finished watching season 5 & 6 of Weeds last night.  Season 7 (the final) isn't out yet but I sure am anxious to see it.  Terrific show!  I just may watch the disks again to hear the various comments they offer.

I cut and paste this link to my photo album on Facebook of all the pictures I took today. I'm not sure, however, if the link works. I'll have to sign off and then go click it myself to see what happens. If it doesn't work, and you're interested, you can see my album on my Facebook page. I assume anyone can look at my albums as they're public but I'm never sure how the various settings work.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3553225068930.2132698.1221762068&type=3

Heading into Sequm tomorrow to have lunch with Lewie at Highway Diner 101. Think I'll stop at Green Acres and visit some folks too.  And take pictures.  It 4 pm now. I was thinking of doing a little sewing but I talked myself out of it and I'm going to sit and read magazines instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment