My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Twins head to Lake Cushman

I drove four 12-year-olds to Silverdale Mall this afternoon. I would have preferred listening to 880 KIXI for a relaxing atmosphere but I think I kind of knew that was unlikely to happen.  We finally got on the road around 2:15 and it didn't take long for my bladder to let me know she wasn't thrilled with the bouncing along in the car. 

I had to stop at a state park a few miles on the other side of Hood Canal Bridge, but nobody had to go except me.  As I drove in, Hunter told me I was probably going to need a pass to get in the state park. I already knew I was going to fight any ranger that tried to keep me from peeing.  We didn't see anyone and got back on the road quickly.

I go to the mall so seldom that the few times I have to drive over there, I manage to work myself into a little anxiety.  Silly, I suppose, but it's easy to get used to driving in your own comfort zone areas so that heading into traffic is unsettling.  I managed, though.  We were a little early as Mary was caught in Federal Way traffic so I went over to Macy's to pick up some Estee perfume a Sequim friend wanted.  We also browsed Barnes & Noble a little.  The book I wanted was $25 and I wasn't willing to pay that as I'm pretty sure I can get it a little cheaper online. I did pick up a couple of crossword puzzle books, though.

Baskin Robbins was just outside the book store and my suggestion to buy ice cream was eagerly accepted.  My God!  Four cones was $10!  I didn't get one but I did tell the kids as we were walking away and they were all licking away that "in my day....I could have gotten four cones for a buck!"
I guess that is a statement of just how old I am.

The perfume my friend wanted me to pick up was close to $50. Hunter was flabbergasted that anyone would pay that much for perfume.  (So was I)

I drove over to Target as I had a list of some items I wanted.  They didn't have bird seed or kites and I couldn't find toilet paper or waxed paper so I bought a few items not on my list and decided the hell with them. I'll have to give my money to Walmart or Swains when I get back to the Peninsula.

The ride home was peaceful. I put an audio book in the CD player but it wasn't grabbing my interest so I tuned in KIXI instead.  Was uncomfortable driving west once I got to the point where the sun was in my eyes but oh well....at least the car was quiet.

I decided leftovers at home could wait until tomorrow night and I drove through Jack in the Box for a sourdough jack with curly fries. Drove into my garage HAPPY HAPPY to be home. Changed into my jammies, put stuff away, and now I think I'll head to the recliner to see how long I can last before the yawning starts.

Sure hope I have a better night than I did last night. Was up from 3:30 a.m. until 4 just walking around the house working out another dangblasted cramp in my lower foot.  I was desperate.  I drank a little pickle juice, ate some mustard, drank vinegar water, put tumeric in a glass of water and drank that and then went back to bed with a heating pad.  Today I bought some gatorade as I'd read that it can help leg cramps.

I had the kids pose for pictures while we were waiting for Mary but she drove up as soon as I got them around this nearby tree. Hunter had rubbed up against the bark and his arm broke out. Anybody know what kind of tree this is he's allergic to?



Mary and Andy meet up with a large group of their friends every summer for a weekend at Lake Cushman.  Hopefully, they'll take a group picture like they did last year so I can post it on my blog.
Here's the kids transferring their gear from my car to Mary's.




Malcolm, Hunter, Jaydee, Maddie in the Target parking lot at the Mall

No comments:

Post a Comment