My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, June 6, 2013

46 years ago....

46 years ago (in Seattle), the day started much like the day outside my window this morning. Sadly, I weighed less then than I do today -- and I was nine months pregnant!  What's that tell 'ya?!  ha ha ha
Oh yes, so much to be proud of.  On the other hand, I was (and still am) very proud of who joined our family that day. Birthdays give me a reason to post old pictures that I love lookin' at. Especially the ones of me showing a much younger and thinner Joyce. Ahhhh......memories.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MARY ELLEN!
 
this was taken at the folks' house up on Cosgrove. Remember those infant seats of yesterday? And I wouldn't mind having an old kitchen table like that too. I notice I couldn't do anything with  my hair in those days either.

 This was the night after a party in Kirkland. We had lots of fun house parties in those days. And I made morning coffee with that old Pyrex coffee pot on the counter.  My Aunt Lillian and Uncle Jim gave it to us for a wedding present. Funny how I remember that.
At Woodland Park Zoo. As Bob Seger sings in his song...she had points of her own sittin'  way up high. 

 At our house in Kirkland. I actually dressed the girls in pantaloons and hoop skirts.
Always like to look at the stuff in the background of pictures. So many things I don't have anymore. I do have that little white candy dish (I used it for cigarettes in those days) Don't have that lamp, though, or the foot stool the girls are sitting on or the end table.

This was a birthday party in Kirkland with the neighborhood kids (and Eddie standing in the back with chin in hand) Not sure why Mary isn't in this picture. See that fruit bowl sitting on the left? Sue told me she's always looking in thrift stores or yard sales as she wanted one like it.  I looked on ebay and found it yesterday. Not buying it, though. Price is $109.

Cost much less in the 60's, of course.

Here's Mary, Jenny Liden, Candi Lopeman, and Dee Robinson in 1984 or '85 practicing for a number they were going to perform in an assembly at the high school. That's our old wood box seen on the left.

One of my favorites...Mary's Halloween outfit. She's a one-night stand.

And here she is performing in a rock band with people at work. She's 2nd from the right.
 
 
Time to get busy now.  Have to take my vitamins (they weren't related to my burnt tongue problem) and I might as well get the ironing done once and for all.  Have to start packing up for the weekend tomorrow afternoon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment