My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, June 13, 2013

It's not summer!

Just read my stupid post for yesterday and realized it's not summer yet.  A week from tomorrow is summer.  Sure did pour down rain while I was out running errands.  I stopped by Costco (thinking it wouldn't be busy on a rainy Wednesday) but the parking lot was packed.  I had to use my umbrella to make my way to the door.  I spent less than $70 but had to buy gas too so that shot me up over a hundred.  Now I have to spend some time this morning, cutting up two chickens and salmon for the freezer.  Have other things to repackage for the freezer too--all my nuts (almonds and cashews) and a box of Jimmy Dean Croissant breakfast sandwiches.

I sorted through clothes in my closets and dresser drawers as soon as I got up this morning.  I have two large bins that I use for out of season clothes or things I seldom wear.  Every once in a while, I have to stop and refold everything as I forage through looking for this or that.  I know.  Could this blog get more boring than what I'm writing about today?

I went to Safeway at 6 a.m. this morning. Couldn't check myself out as all the videos were down for the do-it-yourself aisles.  That meant ONE checker.  Most had few items but I had $26 worth -- thinking again, traffic would be low that time of day.

My to-do list for today is pretty much the same as yesterday.....do whatever I feel like doing!  ha ha

Here's a trivia note and a joke (from an email I got from Sandy Hartzell)

It takes glass one million years to decompose, which means it never  wears out and can be recycled an infinite amount of times!
-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
'Mr. Clark, I have reviewed this case very carefully,' the divorce Court
Judge said, 'And I've decided to give your wife $775 a week,'
'That's very fair, your honor,' the husband said. 'And every now and
then I'll try to send her a few bucks myself.'
 
 And here's  a video (yes, I cried) that I've posted before but it deserves a second go round.



And here's a showing of my hometown.  Cool place.....


No comments:

Post a Comment