My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, June 1, 2013

In 1961....

52 years ago today I graduated from high school.  Next weekend I'm heading into Port Townsend to see if everybody looks as old as I do.

Lookin' at a relaxing day on the computer.  Sun is shining and clover is high.  I could go out and try to mow a little but I'm hoping I can talk Hunter into it instead.  He's doing "man stuff" with his dad and granddad today so I'll wait patiently on the sidelines.

I went out to spray the caterpillars a bit (noticed them on my strawberries, rhubarb and rose plant) but since all three of those are struggling to be seen in the weeds, I'm not going to venture in there today. Watching the stupid pigeons strutting around in the backyard and fighting over who is going to get the most of my seed.  I wish they'd split. I won't buy that kind of seed again.

As I searched EVERYWHERE for some pictures I couldn't locate yesterday, I discovered a whole lot of stuff on disks that I really need to clean up and get sorted so I can find things better. I thought my pictures were under control but they're not.  They may never be under control.  It will be yet another fun project for me to absorb myself in.

I also came across a lot of books I'd forgotten about.  I moved some out by my recliner as a reminder to give them a look-see now and then.  Today it's gonna' be a little ancestry searching and a little book editing, as well as photo filing.  I refilled the hummingbird feeders with fresh sugar water, paid bills and balanced the checkbook, did my usual web surfing, and watered and fertilized the house plants.  Busy work.

Nothing on tv so it will probably be Netflix tonight.  Think I'll run down to Serenity House now and see if I can't find something I didn't know I needed.   I'm gonna have to lay off the coffee for a while too.  It's giving me a tummy ache and way too many trips to the ladies room.  Just had to share that.  Ha!

Here's Jenni's FF bank group picture that shows up when I do my online banking. I keep forgetting to ask her where she is in this photo but I'm "thinking" she's right in the middle down from the middle pole in the back. (click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment