My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, June 10, 2013

HOW YOU KNOW YOU'RE GETTIN' OLDER


Things that made me smile this weekend OR how I know we’re getting older……

I drove two friends to breakfast Sunday morning and when we arrived, one of them couldn’t get out of the back seat because she couldn’t figure out where the handle was or how it worked.

While shopping in a jewelry store downtown Saturday morning, a young sales girl (suspecting I was a tourist, I suppose) asked me if I was in town for Steampunk Hootenanny.  I told her “No. I’m too old for that. I’m here for the good stuff – alumni activities at the Elks.”

I saw four people I knew within 5 minutes when I stopped at Port Townsend Safeway Saturday morning.  That never happens when I shop in P.A.   I was there to buy deodorant which I seldom use since I retired.  When I was packing my overnight bag, I happened to look at the bottle and realized the deodorant expired in 2006!    

I drove a friend on an errand she needed to make, and helped her load up a couple things in the back of the car when she was done.  She climbs in the passenger seat and wonders why I have the A/C on as it’s kinda chilly on her.  Then she glances over her shoulder and realizes she forgot to shut the back door.

I LOVED the music The Brothers Band provided at the alumni dance.  Made me smile when I realized the last jigsaw puzzle I did (and hung on the wall) was Senior Rockers.



No comments:

Post a Comment