My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Raindrops

Lookin' a little gray out there but I'm not too worried about it.  Got some packing to do this afternoon and a little ironing, which I didn't get to yesterday.  One fun thing I intend to look into is rearranging
my paper files, picture files, memorabilia, and scrap books.

I thought I was organized but once I got into editing my book and started "looking for something", I realized I'm not even close to being as organized as I need to be.  As I spent an hour looking through every possible corner of where "that picture was" I decided it was time to do what Virgos do....tidy up.

I need to think outside the box and reevaluate my space.  I've got a lot of stuff here, more over there, and one catch-all closet  that I go to frequently that can be difficult to retrieve and return large oversize albums and boxes to.  I need to utilize that space better.  (I love stuff like this!)

Even though I figured it wasn't necessary, I set my alarm clock last night 'cause I have an 8:45 appointment this morning.  Ha!  Like I could sleep in till even 8 a.m!  I was up and showering by 6:10.    Think I'll set this blog piece aside for now and maybe add more later.

1 p.m. now....
Sunny skies. YAY!  Doctor appointment took an hour.  Not that I had an hour with the doctor but all the frew frew before.  I stood in line for 10 minutes just waiting to get to the receptionist.  Apparently they have a "new" computer system so they have to put in all the info while you stand there. Also had to take a copy of my drivers' license and medical cards and answer stupid questions.  I asked them where my information went because I had already told them this and did my medical records also disappear?  She said "Oh no, we have those. We just didn't have this other data."  Yet....she could read back my address and phone number and my daughter's name.  I thought it was an inconvenience and told her so.  I'm sure others will also let their opinions be known.  She informed everybody of all the confidential stuff they have to abide by now--yet she asked each person information that I could readily overhear. 

The P.A.I saw was a nice fella and real cordial so that made up for the baloney at the door.  He ran some physical tests on me and affirmed that he felt my rotator cuff had tendonitis and a shot would help if that's what I wanted.  I did.  Told me not to do any heavy exercise this week.  I told him I avoid physical labor as much as I can as it doesn't suit my lifestyle.  Ha!

Stopped at Serenity House to see if they had a cheap bookshelf I could use for my rearranging.  Was delighted to find exactly what I wanted for $8.  I moved my laptop, printer, and various odds and ends back into my office (I was at the kitchen table) and now I'm all set up and happy.




I had the cute coast guard guy next door come over to pack the shelf into the house for me. He says they're moving to Sequim pretty soon and another coast guard couple is moving in.  Well, I really need to finish that ironing and start a bit of packing.  My camera is charging, my car is full of gifts and books and even my little pull cart on wheels so I can pull my stuff into the Elks.

I'll probably post all my pictures on Facebook but I know a lot of people don't use FB so I'll put them on the alumni blog too.  I haven't put anything on there for quite a while.  Got my Leader yesterday and was pleased the band made front page.

And I'm off....

No comments:

Post a Comment