My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hey! It's acting like summer out there!

Summer doesn't officially arrive until June 21 but today...well...lookin' good!  I moved about four wheelbarrows of heavy rock this morning.  Overdid it, as usual. I had several errands to run after my shower and getting in and out of the car was slow going.  Lots of moaning too!  Hunter is going to come over and help me build a small rock wall out front.  He did my lawn mowing yesterday and it's amazing how much better it looks out there. Here's before and after....




I spent most of the afternoon editing my book.  Am approaching 100 pages and really having a fun time putting it together.  I'm editing a couple of blogs I had in the Leader.  Rewriting a lot, deleting, adding pictures, and including comments.  I think it's shaping up really good and I'm pleased with it.

Went through my closet this morning to decide on what I wanted to wear Saturday to the alumni social hour/banquet/dance.  Am keeping it simple and COMFORTABLE!

Had to get up at 1:30 and set up my humidifier for "background noise" to block out the racket in the neighborhood.  Helicopters were flying over (night maneuvers that piss me off!) and then the neighbor was having some kind of a party and the music was a thumping away!  Who has parties on Monday night for crying out loud!

Gotta go pick up Maddie in a few minutes and take her across town to softball practice.  Hmmmm...my tongue is acting up again.  And I just took a handful of vitamins.  I wonder..... gonna have to take one at a time and see if there's a connection somehow.  I really would like to get to the bottom of this 'burnt tongue' issue.

This song came over my Pandora Music Channel a while ago and I had to go hunt for it on YouTube. I've seen and heard Rihanna do this song too.  Both renditions are over the top GOOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment