My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summertiiiiimmeee...and the livin' is easy.....

If there are no ups and downs in your life, it means you are dead!
 
I forced myself to stay in bed until 6 a.m. this morning.  My 4:30 wake up call yesterday just screwed up my day something awful.  Ended up taking an hour and a half nap and while naps are good, sometimes they make you feel too groggy afterwards.  There's just no pleasing me sometimes.
 
 
I did get a couple of things accomplished, however.  A dozen or more pages on my book and it's progressing nicely.  I also managed to finish reading a book -- See you in a Hundred Years by Logan Ward.  True story about him and his wife and little boy spending a year living their life as if it was 1900. 
 
I watched an old 1977 Burt Reynolds movie last night called WW & the Dixie Dance Kings. Somehow it wasn't quite as good as it was when I first watched it back in the 70s.  Life's like that, I guess.  I had a mad crush on ole Burt for many years.
 
 I went outside to look around the yard a bit.  Took my camera.
 




 
Gotta go pick the twins up in 25 minutes.  School doesn't officially end until this Friday but these last few days are busy with fun stuff.  Today, those students with high grades get a trip to Sol Duc to go swimming and exploring. Both Hunter and Maddie made top grades all year. Straight A's I think.
 
I'm gonna have to pull the lawnmower out of the garage this week.  The grass continues to grow fairly quickly what with the rain mother nature keeps dropping on us.  I'm way overdue for pulling my bike out onto the street, as well.  I'll have to put a little time in on the indoor bike first to let my knees know what's coming. I'm sure they're gonna be over the top thrilled.
 
Got a couple of emails yesterday...one with jokes; one with trivia. If I can remember, I'll add one a day to my blog........  first one:

Two guys were discussing popular family trends on sex, marriage, and Family values.
Bill said, 'I didn't sleep with my wife before we got married, did you?' Jack replied, 'I'm not sure, what was her maiden name?'

Trivia:
    The military salute is a motion that evolved from medieval times, when  knights in armor raised their visors to reveal their identity.

 And a favorite I saw on Facebook this morning....
 

 Later....
Just dropped off the kids. Maddie is excited as her softball team rose from 4th to 2nd place. They play one or two more games to establish if her team will be the first place or the second place overall.
Here's four pictures I snapped (that they didn't know I was snapping) as I watched them head onto the school grounds.



 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment