My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday Afternoon

Just got back from the movie house. Jen, Maddie and I went to see World War Z.  Had to stand in line for a while, and of course, I thought they were all there to make Brad Pitt richer but our room was only half full when I got in there.  Monsters University was the other movie starting at the same time so I guess a lot of them went into that one. I hadn't even heard of it.

Brad's movie was okay.  I'm harder to please these days.  Actually, I had a headache coming on because the sound was too loud.  I was also tense through the whole thing waiting for the zombies to jump up and scare us.  I'd give it a C overall.  I'm trying to think of the last time I went to a walk-in movie and came out really satisfied.

I'll have to go look at the recent Oscar and golden globe nominees for the last couple of years and see what  pops out at me.  Be right back...

Well, I went back and looked over the movies from 2010 thru 2012 and although I can't recall which ones I rented and which ones I went to see in the theatre, there were 7 good ones.....The King's Speech, Toy Story 3, The Help, Bridesmaids, Argo, Life of Pi, and Silver Linings Playbook.  Of the previews I saw today, only one attracted me enough to maybe go see it in a theatre.  I might wait for a rental, though; I'm not real good at following through on going out to movies unless someone calls me up and says "Let's go!"  And no one does.  Anyhow, I bet the movie that looked good will do well at the box office.  It was Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy in The Heat. 

Didn't see much of interest on the tv line-up for tonight so it looks like Netflix again.  I put out fresh hummingbird nectar this morning and it really makes a difference when you clean their feeders.  They're coming around real regular like again.

I got up at 5:45 and the first thing I noticed was that my backyard was full of crows and pigeons.  A couple of the crows were chasing around one of the pigeons but he never did get up to fly off. Just let himself be chased.  Noticed one of the crows decided to take a bath in the bird bath too. I'd never seen that before.  I think I'm gonna stop filling the bird feeders for a while. All I'm getting is crows and pigeons and I don't feel like spending my money on them.  They all look plenty fed as it is.  I think the quail have found another place to roost too.  I wonder if there's a way to attract just the smaller birds.  I'll have to read up on it.

Jenni and Maddie had to go to Walmart and Costco after the movie so I drove myself across town to the show.  I stopped at McDonalds to get a fishwich and came home to get into my pajamas.  Something about getting into pajamas that is comforting.

I started scanning in my ex-husband's ancestry records and pictures and sure am enjoying the process. Takes a while, though.  I transcribed a letter his great aunt wrote to his grandmother when their father died but the letter wasn't dated.  I looked him up on ancestry.com and did find that he died in 1932 but I still couldn't find when in 1932.  Today I noticed a telegram that was sent and it shows his great grandfather died on Dec. 29, 1932.  I love hunting for clues.

No comments:

Post a Comment