My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, June 14, 2013

Flag Day

Up at 5 a.m. again. Sometimes my body clock gets off kilter and I just have to go with the flow until it changes again.  I noticed it was Flag Day so I went out to the garage to retrieve mine.  It's starting to look kind of faded and worn so I'm probably going to have to invest in a new one this year.
 
My office is that "one" window in the front of the house, and every time the wind moves the flag, I'm turning my head to think somebody is coming up the walk. I did walk out on the street early this morning to take a couple of pictures (just because).


I was surfing around on YouTube and came across this video of Dwight Yoakum at Buck Owens' funeral.  Love his voice.



I worked steadily on my book yesterday and finally have all the chapters inserted.  Now I have just have to edit and edit again.  I spent way too much time trying to figure out how to number the pages the way I want them.  No matter how many help websites I visited, the directions just wouldn't work for Word 2010.  I'll try again today.

My trivia and joke for this Friday.....

Nine out  of every 10 living things live in the ocean.

A doctor examining a woman who had been rushed to the Emergency Room,
Took the husband aside, and said, 'I don't like the looks of your wife at all.'
'Me neither doc,' said the husband. 'But she's a great cook and really Good with the kids.'

Not much planned for the weekend.  Probably do a little weeding, maybe cut the grass. Exciting, huh?  Still, I'll take this anytime over the weather problems other people are coping with across the nation.  I don't know which is worse...fires, floods, or tornadoes.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment