My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tomorrow will be better....

Been feeling a little under the weather the last few days. Sure hope it corrects itself quickly.  I worked on my book most of the day.  Did run in to the doctor this morning so I could pee in a bottle.  So annoying that clinic.  I sign in and have to tell her my birthdate.  The assistant comes to get me and before I step on the scale, she asks me my birthdate.  She hands me a bottle to pee in and stands outside to wait.  When I come out, she asks me my birthdate before she takes the bottle to the lab.
I call the clinic later to check on a medical record they couldn't locate and I'm put on hold for five minutes before a message comes on telling me to leave a message if I don't want to wait.  When she calls me back, she asks me my birthdate.  Overkill People.  Get a grip!  Somebody needs to protest this "following the rules racket" that often makes no sense.  Who exactly got in on that meeting to decide we needed our privacy protected.  Obviously some people don't have enough to do so they make jobs for themselves.

I had a friend who was going through chemo and every time she moved in that place, she had to repeat her birthdate.  The reasoning being people could come in and claim they're you and fraud the clinic out of service by having your insurance billed.  Or some such thing.  My friend told them "if anyone wants to come to this place and get chemo in my name, they're more than welcome to it!

Saw a story on the news tonight about the thousands and thousands of dollars that us tax payers are forking over so the politicians can have all the coffee and snacks they want.  Huge amounts of money involved.  Why doesn't somebody get on that bandwagon and fix it instead of wasting our time on repeating our birthdate.  I just may say an incorrect birthdate next time. Maybe change the year and see if anyone notices.

I'm not going to bother discussing the Redskins issue.  It's been talked to death.  Those do-gooders who are offended and feel they need to protect our children from racism can kiss my Butt-erfinger candy bar!  I'm offended that they're offended but that's our world today.  Look at poor ole Paula Deen.  The media has jumped on their "let's get her!" bandwagon and they'll play this story for all its worth.  There's a whole lot of meanness in our society today.  I suspect a lot of people are getting on the "politically correct" platform and condemning her just because they want to be perceived as righteous or something?  They can kiss my Butterfinger too!

I'm also disgusted with the crows and pigeons in my neighborhood.  I emptied out the bird bath, took down some feeders, and will cease wasting my money on seed for the hogs of the air.  I'll settle for thistle seed for now.

Twins came over for a few hours this afternoon.  I took a picture of them when they weren't looking and then I had to hurry and hide the camera as they intended to delete it.  I stuck it down my pants and that stopped 'em! 

I was sorting through old pictures and came across this one of  people walking down Sims Way. Don't know where I found it or when it is.  Wish it didn't have that dark area on it.  Still need, though.
And here's a 1967 map I found of Port Townsend. I may try to put it on Facebook, although I don't know if it will show up very well.
And here's a cute thing I got from Rose Johnson:


 As I was lying around, pondering the problems of the world I realized that at my age I don't really give a rat's ass anymore.

If walking is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.

A whale swims all day, mainly eats fish, drinks water, but is still fat.

 

A rabbit runs and hops and only lives 15 years, while

A tortoise doesn't run and does mostly nothing, yet it lives for 150 years.

And you tell me to exercise?? I don't think so.

Just grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked,

the good fortune to remember the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

 

Now that I'm older here's what I've discovered:

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

My wild oats are mostly enjoyed with prunes and all-bran.

I finally got my head together, and now my body is falling apart.

 

Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.

Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.

If all is not lost, then where the heck is it?

It was a whole lot easier to get older, than to get wiser.

 

Some days, you're the top dog; some days you're the hydrant.

I wish the buck really did stop here; I sure could use a few of them.

Kids in the back seat cause accidents.

Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

 

It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.

The world only beats a path to your door when you're in the bathroom.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, he'd have put them on my knees.

When I'm finally holding all the right cards, everyone wants to play

 chess.

It's not hard to meet expenses . . . they're everywhere.

The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter . .

 I go somewhere to get something, and then wonder what I'm "here after".

 Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment