My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Rolling in the clover


Well, I'm not actually rolling in the stuff. Too wet.  And besides, why would I want to get down on the ground and roll in clover?  I probably should think about spraying the stuff, though. I've sat here all week watching it grow as the rains continue.  My flowers like it, though.


A few months ago I bought this dial phone in an antique store.  Wanted a black one but when I went back the next day to buy it, it was gone. So I took this yellow one--- just because.
Anyhow, Maddie was in here yesterday and asked me how the phone worked.  I thought that was funny but then she's never known dial phones.  Once I explained the process, she says:  "Oh, that's kind of cool. I wish they'd bring those back again. It's fun."  (yeah, but it would get old quick!)

Finished scanning John's old family pictures.  Here are two I liked......
John's mom standing by their pick up with all her kids.
John home on leave in Colton, CA.  I don't think we had met yet (or we had JUST met)

Mary and Andy head home tomorrow.  Saw Germany, Austria, Switzerland I think.  Took lots of photos, of course.  Here's two she sent me as she knew I would get a kick out of them. (McDonalds in Germany)

Would you believe....they told her no pictures please.  She must have been in E. Germany.

Well, I guess we're about done with the rain for a while and hot temperatures are on the way. Can't say that I'm thrilled either.  Sunny weather--fine.   Hot temps making life miserable--not so fine.  I know. There's just no pleasing me sometimes.



No comments:

Post a Comment