My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, June 10, 2013

Starting a fresh week

Monday morning. The sun is shining, my favorite music is on, the housework is done, and I'm all ready to ....well....do nothing.  Ha!  Actually, I do plan to work on editing my book, and cleaning up files and pictures. Those activities will continue through the month, maybe even longer.

Stopped by my ex-husband's place in Port Townsend to pick up a lot of family history (pictures, obits, etc) on his family.  I wanted to make a genealogy file for the kids on both sides of their parent's family.  I'll have fun doing that.

Still working on pictures I took over the weekend.  Hope to get some IDs for the class of '63 too as I can "almost" name them all but need help on a few.  I got up about an hour or so before I actually wanted to (calf cramp made up my mind) so I'm betting an afternoon nap is in the works.

My daughter, Mary, sent me a print of her weekend work at home.  So pretty. 
 
When they moved into this house (in Renton) they didn't have a backyard at all. It was all deck.  I thought it was cool but they wanted grass and trees and flowers so they had about 1/3 of the deck removed.
 



While driving around Port Townsend this past weekend, I took a few pictures here and there....just because...

                   trees at Fort Worden (didn't need to pay to get in this weekend)
                              the Lincoln School Building (seen better days)
                                 Water view at North Beach  (always a favorite)
                                              North Beach looking to the right
                                   Walking trail from North Beach to Fort Worden
                    Mary Gaboury at Fort Worden Beach parking lot near the lighthouse

Well, I've gotta make a run down to the corner grocery to mail off a present I picked up in PT for my granddaughter.  Guess I'd better look over my Facebook pictures too and see what reprints I need to make up for Mary G who doesn't have a computer.

Not much planned for the month of June.  Do have a wedding in Tacoma on the 30th but that's about it.  August will be the Jefferson County Fair and my class' picnic at Diamond Point.  Then, before you know it....autumn will be upon us.

Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment