My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Middle of the week...almost Saturday

Except for two loads of laundry piled on my bed waiting to be folded and put away, my morning chores are pretty much complete.  Picked the twins up at 8:45 to run them to school and then decided to go ahead and construct my rock wall with the rocks I carted from the backyard the other day.
I've been trying to use my camera phone more to get comfortable with it as I think it takes halfway decent photos.  I'm still taking my digital camera to the Saturday reunion, though; maybe both my cameras.  Going to sit down and study the book again on my older camera to see if regular batteries will work. Those rechargeable ones are kinda' pricey.

I've been trying to hold off going to the doctor about my left shoulder pain but I don't seem to be making even a little bit of progress under my own steam so I bit the bullet and called up this morning. Really don't want to go  to a weekend get-together with an arm causing me a lot of grief. 'Course my doctor can't see me for ten days so I'm going with a new guy--a physician's assistant. All I care about is if he can give me a shot if a shot is warranted.  I don't like going to the doctor (too stressful) but on the other hand, so is paying $185 a month for AARP  medical supplement!

Funny thing is (only it's not a bit funny) is that when I asked to see someone else, she wanted to know my insurance coverage first.  Yeah, that's our world now.  I'm glad I did it, though; I've been trying everything from exercise to rest to creams to pills to heat to ice. Enough is enough.

Just looked over the TV line-up (nothing of interest, as usual) but I did find four old westerns playing on Turner Classic channel from 3 pm until 8:30 and then 10 to midnight.  Good stuff too. Westward the Women (1951 with Robert Taylor); Far Country (1955 with James Stewart); Winchester 73 (1950 with James Stewart); and Cimarron (1960 with Glenn Ford). I'm going to tape all of them.

While outside photographing my rocks, I took another picture of the scotch broom that is RIGHT THERE on my neighbor's side yard.  No fence either. She's gonna have to get out there and start pulling or it will work its way right up to her door.


Time to  go out and add some water to the bird bath. Even though I seem to be attracting a certain black crow more than others, somehow I feel the need to keep him hydrated.  (I really need to get a life).

And that's about it for today. Time to fold the laundry and get going on my book.  Called Barbara Shaw last night to see if I could sell my book at Don's Pharmacy. She said she didn't see any problem with it so that's a huge relief. I wanted a central Port Townsend store with good local traffic.  That's Don's. I'm liking this book a lot, and so far, I've got over a hundred people that contributed comments or opinions during the time my blogs ran on the Leader website.  Definitely going to be enjoyed, I'm sure --- and I don't usually brag myself up.  Well, maybe I do.  Ha Ha

here's a song that came in over my Pandora Channel. I didn't really know who was singing but YouTube fixed that...Stealer's Wheel had over 7 million views.

No comments:

Post a Comment