My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Early Start Today

I woke up at 4 a.m.  Way too early to get up, of course.  Even though I went to bed at 9:30 the night before, I still wanted to sleep until at least 6 a.m.  At 4:30, I decided the hell with it!  And I'm already to take a nap in the recliner later. That goes without saying.

Meanwhile, I put on the coffee pot and thought I'd go for an early morning drive around town to see if anything interesting happens out there when most people are sleeping.  I drove slowly looking at this and that, not having to worry about people behind me.  I had my phone camera and regular camera with me so I took pictures here and there trying to decide which one took the better shots.

                                              First Avenue (road out of town)
                                                                       First Avenue
                                                           Canadian boat at the dock
 coast guard station in background, ducks in middle of photo, caterpillar nests on trees
 Front Street (the road into town)  Many sit at this spot in the road to eat lunch and look at the water view
                                                    the hospital parking lot in the back
                                                             Boats in the harbor
                                                 Another ship as seen from the bluff
                                                        The transit station downtown

Just stuck a VHS tape in the VCR tor record this 1975 movie that is showing at 10:15 this morning.
Burt Reynolds in WW & the Dixie Dance Kings.  I remember seeing that movie years ago and enjoying it.

The coast guard couple to the east of me are in the process of moving to Sequim this week so I guess I'll be getting new neighbors later.  Hmmm... the sun just came out from behind the clouds. I wonder if it's gonna be nice today.  I did get rained on while out taking pictures this morning.

Here's one of my favorite scenes of Lonesome Dove....I HATE RUDE BEHAVIOR IN A MAN -- I WON'T  TOLERATE IT!     Love Tommy Lee and Robert Duvall!

No comments:

Post a Comment