My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, June 3, 2013

And the morning begins....

Sitting here with cup of coffee that I was going to NOT drink for a while to see if I felt better. Have decided (using my medical opinion gained through my Google degree) that coffee is not the issue.  Meanwhile, I've got the oldies playing on my Pandora music channel as television annoyed me even earlier than normal.

I pulled out the lawnmower, the weed eater, the extension cord, the tool caddy, and my "shower stool" hoping to get maybe a tiny bit done outside today.  My upper arm/shoulder has been hurting big time for over two weeks but rest hasn't helped and either has heat, ice, pills, or exercise.  The hell with it!  I'm going outside to trim weeds and maybe get one side of lawn mowed alongside the house.  Am Hunter shows up after school to tackle the rest.

I'm pretty sure this shoulder thingie is either tendinitis or bursitis.  I've had it before and I can't raise my arm over my head without a whole lot of cussing.  I've become accustomed to these body breakdowns that seem to work their way from head to feet on a regular basis. Damn nuisance!  I'll give it another month and if I'm still this incapacitated, I'll probably have to see about getting a cortisone shot.

I was reminded (yet again) that I am one slow learner!  I had two pots of really pretty purple pansies sitting in the front near my steps.  Every morning I checked them out to see if the deer were leaving them alone.  The fact I was even looking should have told me to move them to the back yard -- and safety.  Yesterday afternoon they had a snack.  Somehow I thought maybe having them near my front door might be okay.  Nope.

I spent the better part of yesterday editing my book.  Like genealogy searching, I need to limit my time working to an hour or so and then find my entertainment elsewhere.  WALK AWAY RENEE is never going to be my theme song, that's for sure.

Well, the neighbor is out there pushing his mower so I guess I'll add my noise to the contribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment