My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, June 21, 2013

Up at 5:30 again!

I guess it doesn't matter what time I get up....just so I get up!

I cleaned up the kitchen a little and decided to sit down early and get to work on my book.  Deciding on what pictures to use is starting to entertain me.  My sister just told me on the phone that nobody wants to see your 3 quarts of rhubarb ready for the freezer and that the scotch broom pictures were getting boring, as well.  I told her  "Too bad!"  It's my blog and I'll put whatever boring pictures are going on in my life at the time.  Like this one.....

 
I noticed an awful lot of traffic going by my house so I figured that had to be a yard sale in progress nearby.  I bought four items and spent $2. This Christmas ornament was my favorite.  I also bought a coffee cup that said:  Joyce -- A true delight, Good natured and fun, So appreciated, the joyful one.
 
I figured that about rounded it up in a nutshell.  ha ha
 
I picked Maddie up to take her over for a haircut and she noticed a loofah in the front seat. She couldn't believe I would buy such a thing at a yard sale.  She said:
 
"Ewewww... how can you use that?  You don't know where it's been?"
 
Soap will wash away any germs.
 
You mean you're going to use that in your private area?  What if some old man has used it?
 
I only use them on my legs and arms  -- and besides, if an old man used it...ALL THE BETTER!
 
That shut her up!
 
She was all nervous about going to her boyfriend's house for dinner tonight.  I asked her what the worry was, and laughed at her answer....
 
What if she serves broccoli?  I hate broccoli!
 
It was a bit cool this morning but I think the sun is finally breaking through. I just may sit out on the deck to read.  And later on, I'm gonna start watching all my seasons of The Sopranos again.
 
Trivia and joke for the day....

Gold is the only metal that doesn't rust, even if it's buried in the ground for thousands of years .


A little boy went up to his father and asked: 'Dad, where did my intelligence come from?'
The father replied. 'Well, son, you must have got it from your mother, cause I still have mine.'

No comments:

Post a Comment