My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, June 14, 2013

NUTS!!!!

And I don't mean cashews either! Sigh...

I've got all my chapters written and in book form.  Now I start the editing process and re-writes.  Am fine with that. Even enjoy it.  Same with the picture insertions I'm still deciding on.  All good fun.

I knew, however, that sooner or later I was going to have to accept the fact that there's SOOOO MUCH I need to learn as far as formatting goes.  This is my sixth book and you'd think I'd have all that stuff down pat by now. But no....I've scooted by just feeling my way as I went and teaching myself a little of this and a little of that.

I'm so discouraged.  I've googled (and tried other websites too) to find the answers but their steps don't match what appears on my Word document tools screen.  I've spent way too much time on this and now my shoulders, hands, neck, back, and arms HURT!  I'm tense.  And getting madder by the minute that what should be easy isn't!

I can't figure out how to line up my columns (on my scribble work sheets)but  I can worry about that another time. I do need to learn how to  number my pages so the page number appears on the outside of each page as you look at it like you're reading a book. One on the left, one on the right.

Once I figure this out, I'll have to take a tutorial to figure out how to convert my book to pdf.  I think I can get that done easy enough. Famous last words. I sure never thought this page numbering would slow me down like this.

I've got a Word Document instruction book (from 2002) that I kept from college days.  It's a pretty good book but I'm definitely going to have to spend some time studying.  I don't want to!  I want somebody to just come here and fix this damn thing.  Patience is my middle name. I'm not a real fast learner and I'm forced to remember that when I have to learn something from a book.

What I should do (and probably will) is walk away from it for a couple days and go do physical stuff like yard work, weeding, and bike riding.  I've got new books from the library, three movies, a ton of jigsaw puzzles, lots of genealogy to play with yet, and oh yeah....housework.  Plenty to keep me busy.

I made a big ole pot of chicken soup today so that will keep me in dinner for at least three nights. Guess I'll head to another part of the house.  At least I've got golf I can watch this weekend.  And I sure never thought I'd say those words!  ha ha

Oh well, I still got my birds outside my window.....

No comments:

Post a Comment