My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fathers Day

I had a pretty relaxing day.  I spent a little over an hour in the back yard weeding along the fence and transplanting a rose bush that wasn't doing well where I had originally put it.
I intend to work along that fence in sections until I get it looking decent. I have some tulip bulbs planted there and I intend to dig them up and put them in the front since I've been told the deer don't bother them.

Tomorrow Hunter is coming to mow the back yard, help me stake my bird feeders better in the hard hard ground, and pump up my bike tires for me.  I'm going to go shopping for flower seeds too. Want to get some foxglove as Ruthie has them and they're beautiful.  Plus she says the deer don't eat them.

I watched the US Open Golf Tournament all afternoon.  Got a little knitting done but it always puts me to sleep so I also got a little nap along the way.  I unraveled another knitted blanket I was working on and didn't like so I may start another pattern tomorrow.  Plus I'm working on counted cross stitch.
Yeah, this is a real interesting blog today.  I hope you can stay awake.

My cell phone (which I can check email and Facebook on) has been coming up with a notice asking me if I want to turn off roaming.  Never used to do that but it does it all the time the last few days. Mary says it has something to do with me being close to Canada.  Anyhow, I've also noticed my phone calls are going straight to voice mail.  I don't like phones that have a mind of their own so I'm switching back to my old phone that just rings but also lets me take pictures.  I can still use the "misbehaving phone" to check email and go online with, though.

I'm not totaling impressed with those phones that you have to touch to make them work.  I obviously don't have the touch a lot of the time because I can be poking it to death and it won't work!  I don't know what the problem is.  My finger is just as good a poker as anyone else's!

I got a Facebook message from Jenni inviting me over for barbequed burgers in a half hour. Yay!  I love burgers and I wasn't terribly enthused about what I had planned to fix.  Wayne's folks are coming too so I'll take my camera and get pictures.  (they'll love that!)  ha ha

My cousin, Denny's oldest son, Sheldon, posted some pictures (for fathers day) on Facebook today. They're so cute, I thought I'd post them here.


anybody recognize this street? I don't.

Denny was married to Barbara Hicks at the time and we were both pregnant with our first babies.
Sheldon arrived Oct. 10, 1964 and my Sue came Nov. 30.

Yesterday I decided to sweep out the garage. I happened to look up, and man, talk about spiders, cobwebs, and daddy longlegs.  I disturbed an entire family with my broom.  I did some weeding out front and cut the lawn too.

I was in bed by 9 (intending to read) but Mr. Sandman had other ideas and I was out like a light.  AND UP AT 5 A.M.!  Grrrrrrrr

I did a little book editing this morning and managed to get two pages listing the chapters (50) and I finally decided on what I wanted for the back cover.  Very pleased with it too!

Hmmmm... my eyes are acting up today. Wonder why. Allergies?  I guess I'll go squirt eye drops in them and see if it helps.



                     

 

 

 
 

      

       

 

 



1 comment: