My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A really wet Tuesday

Woke up hearing the rain four hours ago at 6 a.m. and it's still coming down pretty steady.  I forced myself out of bed although I was still tired.  I knew I could always take a nap in the recliner later.  I haven't been able to find a comfortable sleeping arrangement with my blankets lately.  The last year or so I've hated having blankets that were even a little bit heavy so I'm using a microweave? fleece like thing with another light comforter.  Sometimes I'm bothered with wearing bottom pajamas but then I get cold depending on what the weather is dishing out.  Just doesn't seem to be any pleasing me. Having the same problem finding "just the right pillow."

I wore my "sleepright" mouth guard last night to see if I had any improvement with my front upper tooth acting up.  It's not the greatest comfort wearing that thing but if it keeps me from grinding, then I'll put up with it.   I have noticed this morning that my tongue tip is flaring a bit.  Whatever is causing that seems to come and go.  I don't think it's the mouth guard as the website says it's latex free. I've wondered if the mouth wash I use has some ingredient my tongue doesn't care for.

Yes this is going to be one of "those boring blog posts" when Joyce has next to nothing to yak about.  Ha!

I drove to the substation post office and allowed Uncle Sam to rip me off yet again with his outrageous demands for mailing packages.  Then, just to show the old coot who's in charge around here, I stopped to buy a Hit Five ticket! Next it was off to city hall to submit my forms for reduced electric bills.  I debated about stopping at Safeway but it was wet and the traffic was a little heavier than I expected it to be that early in the morning with icky weather.

Cable guy is coming by today to reduce my channels down to the basic local selection, and hopefully, the mailman is bringing me all my back mail. That should be a fun time as I know it's mostly bills.

I switched out (again) my sewing table and computer desk.  I keep going back and forth but I think I prefer the lower table for typing on as it faces out the window and frees up my computer desk for paper filing.  UPS brought me an Amazon order yesterday so I'll be hemming my white sweat pants later on.
And that will probably be the extent of my lively day here in Port Angeles.

I am going to set up a jigsaw puzzle and I've got a cross stitch project in the works along with a knitted afghan that is half done.  I also need to climb on my exercise bike to keep the knee limber.

Am looking forward to the golden globes and the upcoming Seahawks game.  Started reading a Zane Gray novel last night and am enjoying it a lot.  Called Frontier Woman. I've never actually read Zane Gray stories before although I've become interested in that type of novel lately.

Well, guess I'll go to the T-Mobile website now and see if I can figure out how to delete a contact in my phone book.  I don't know why the easy things are so hard sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment