My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday morning

I was kind of surprised to see all the white frosty roofs out my window this morning.  Although it is January so why I'm surprised is weird.

I've managed to fool around on the computer all morning long.  I hadn't intended to do that but sometimes, I end up losing myself with one project or another. Today I wanted to test out my camera against my two cell phones and ipod to see which one was giving me the best photo.  I'm kind of leaning towards my old T-Mobile cell.  I'll take all of them to the shower tomorrow, at any rate as I'm sure I will get my fill of photo ops.

I did get my red cardinal bird puzzle glued onto a cardboard backing yesterday.  Now I have to try and figure out the directions on using the Velcro hangers you attach to the back.  You'd think that would be a non problem but it has me stumped.  I never was good with story problems.

You can find anything on YouTube, by the way. Yesterday I came across a how-to post of using Mod Podge to secure a puzzle together.  My framed finished look is pretty lame but I don't care.  It's only going to be hung for my own enjoyment anyhow.  Think I'll put it in my bedroom.

As I was cleaning out my various camera pictures, I came across this one that Maddie or Hunter took of Sammy a while back.
My yen for a dog has passed. For now anyway.  If I really really really wanted a dog, I would have secured one years ago.  My problem is I want one with no responsibility, expense, or trouble.  Ha Ha

Mailman just drove up so I guess I'll go see if he left me anything besides catalogs and junk mail.
Well...as usual...nothing but junk.  A catalog from AARP encouraging me to take a cruise. Yeah, like I can afford that!  A bill to pay my car insurance for six months.  UGH!  And a notice from Medicare that they paid my one night stay at that horrible nursing home in September. $184.  They should have paid me for the emotional stress I endured.


I've been yawning ever since I got up at 7.  Not a good way to start the day.  I had a restless night.   I don't think I've slept like a baby for a long, long time.  If my bladder isn't waking me up, it's nightmares, dry mouth, or sore shoulders.  I guess I should be thankful I have a comfortable bed, warm blankets, a roof over my head, and a toilet steps away.  I am thankful for all those things but I still wish I could wake up rested and ready to meet the world with zip in my step.

Took a couple pictures of yesterday and today. Think I'll post them on Facebook just because I'm trying to avoid all the chores on my list and pounding away on computer keys is a good diversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment