My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, January 2, 2014

One more night in King County

Just finished supper. M&A ordered in Papa John pizza and Catie came over to help us eat it. Yum!  I spent part of my day trying to finish a crossword puzzle. Never did make it so I'm throwing it in the trash.

Catie just left and will pick me up tomorrow to take me home.  She's going in early so she can get off by 2.  Andy is watching TV, Jake is sleeping nearby, Mary is on the phone with Jenni and I'm sitting here in the kitchen thinking I'll go to bed early again and read a few pages of my book.

M&A bought a stroller this afternoon.
It's really a neat one too.  Folds up flat easy as pie and turns on a dime.  Has other features as well that allow the kid to use it as long as a kid needs a stroller.

Mary had a hair appt at Gene Juarez so I browsed around Macy's while she was in the chair.  Macy's was so big (3 floors) that I tired early on walking in circles trying to find what I wanted.  Finally gave up and went back to the beauty shop to sit and watch people.  That was interesting.  All the beauticians had really cool hair and most of the customers had cool boots and/or clothes.   I sat there in my green Nifty Fifty t-shirt from Port Townsend slurping up an orange julius.

Mary has a prime acct on Amazon and it allows you to share it with four people.  She put me on and now I can have things shipped for free. (If the thing I want is eligible for prime --and most of it is)  I'm thrilled.  Shipping costs often keep me from ordering.  Today I ordered a pair of white sweat pants that I couldn't find anywhere else and a new humidifier.  Mary has one made by Crane and while I wanted one just like it, I discovered the kids' model was much cheaper.  Still the same mechanics, though.  I wanted a duck but those were unavailable so I got a penguin instead. Mary said it suited me.  Ha ha

Here's a picture I took of the main street that heads towards Mary's neighborhood. Boring, I know but I was practicing using my phone camera.

Well, I guess I'll get my jammies on now. Even if it is kind of early.  I thought I would fall asleep fast last night since I was awake since 4:30 a.m. but noooooo....I tossed and turned till midnight.  Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment