My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Morning observations

I picked up the twins at 8:55 a.m. and I had to chuckle as I pulled into their driveway.  The last few weeks they've been standing outside waiting for me.  All because they're afraid one or the other will get out of turn as to who gets to sit in the front.  Ha ha  I remember doing that.  I thought it was Hunter's turn and told Maddie to climb in the back but she informed me I was mistaken.  Not the first time.

As I drove downtown to return my movies, I couldn't help but notice all the people walking around without coats or hats.  (Teens only)  Since it was raining (and very dark and gray out) I figured it must be a "kid thing." All the adults had proper clothing.  I know. I sound like a grandma.

The lady behind me at Safeway was muttering over and over....oh my...oh dear...oh I wish I could see better...hmmm...oh my..oh my.   I looked over at her and she smiled sweetly.  I couldn't help but wonder how she got to the store that early.  Meaning....was she driving herself?  Some days I feel I'm not all that far away from her muddled mind.

I picked up a can of oven cleaner and then read on Facebook (from my daughter) that my range is self-cleaning.  I went to check and yep!  I'm an idiot.  Mainly because I FINALLY remembered we had that conversation before and I was pleased to find my oven was self-cleaning.  You'd think I'd remember something like that....who likes to clean ovens?!

I signed up for MGo tv online this morning.  Allows you to stream in movies for $4 or $5.  New ones too.  I won't watch on my computer as I prefer my recliner and television viewing. I already have Netflix streaming in but you can't get the new releases like MGo allows.  And they gave me two free ones for signing up.  I'm gonna' watch The Butler and Blue Jasmine.  Even if I end up renting now and then, it's still cheaper than the $10 at the theater -- plus I have to drive seven miles one way to get there.  And yes, I realize seven miles is nothing but if I don't go to a matinee, I have to drive home in the dark and that's not my favorite past time.  But even more than that is having to sit for two hours and then get up and try to walk.  Ha ha

Well, I think I'll go look for my stove directions and see if I can figure out how to clean the oven while I sleep.  It sure is dark outside and it's raining steadily.  Glad I've got indoor hobbies planned.  First thing, though, is to climb on the exercise bike and put in a minimum of 15 minutes.  Both shoulders continue to hurt pretty much 24/7 and I suspect this problem (whatever it is) isn't going to go away for a while.  I'm hopeful that sooner or later.....


Maddie (8th grader) shared  some "quips" this guy at school taught her....

If you were a nose, I'd pick you.
Is your dad a baker? -Cause you have hot buns.

A couple others too but I've forgotten them already.

Oh good lord!  Time to change the channel.  The View is one of those shows that makes me want to gag.

No comments:

Post a Comment