My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, January 18, 2014

the day before the game

I'm kind of looking forward to both football games tomorrow.  I imagine a lot of people are. I went out walking around the neighborhood a little bit this morning. Been a while.  It was sunny out but still a little nippy.  Shouldn't be too much longer before we start doing more outside.

I stopped by the airport nursery to buy a little bird seed and noticed they had a pen of rabbits set up in the middle of the store.  Two store cats were roaming around and one even jumped down into the pen with the rabbits to check out their food.  They chased him out again.

I set up my living room to accommodate my various hobbies.  One corner is for sewing and it will generally be an ongoing messy area as I proceed on one project or another.  I also started a 1000-pc jigsaw on the card table (tulips) and in another corner I set up my exercise bike.  Figured I would get on it more frequently if I had the living room tv and netflix available.  I moved a couple of the bar stools to the back bedroom so I could set up the ironing board when I'm sewing.  My knitting and reading material is sitting by my recliner so all in all, the place looks "busy."

I rearranged my office a little bit too as things weren't flowing just the way I wanted them too.  It's better now.  I had started a book (of sorts) called 27 Neighborhoods and that's my jumping off place to begin inserting photos.  It started out with genealogy background but I imagine it will be all of the place before I'm done.

Read a story about the Everly Brothers in my Rolling Stone Magazine and they listed their choices for their best music.  I knew the first three well (loved them all!) but was unaware of the others. Think I'll see if I can find them on Itunes or YouTube.  Titles included: Don't ask me to be friends, Like everytime before, Lord of the manor, and On the wings of a nightingale.

Guess I'll mosey on out to the kitchen now and see about sewing.  Made a quick run to the library this morning and brought home four books on quilts and 5 or 6 books on tape.  That ought to keep me busy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment