My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Football Day

Guess I'll be doing a little counted cross stitch and knitting this afternoon as I sit to watch the game. I may work on my puzzle too.  I thought it was going to be an easy one but I was wrong.  Still fun, though.
I just finished a hot breakfast so now I'm stuffed.  Some mornings I don't want anything more than coffee and bagel or yogurt.  Other times, eggs and/or pancakes sounds awfully good.

I intend to get some pictures sorted this morning and have set up the card table in this room to make it easier.  Still playing around with ideas of what I want to do in regards to scanning and using in a project.  Ideally, I'd like to do a family tree story and insert pictures along the way.  Getting it in a printed book form would cost me money I don't really have so maybe I'll make up disks instead.  Most folks are online these days.  Then again, those interested in their family history is a limited number. Some eagerly accept any history offered, and others show only a passing interest.  Maybe it's an age thing.

Went to see my doctor yesterday and while I didn't get even an idea of what is causing some of my symptoms, she did decide to draw blood and to inject my bursa on the right shoulder.  If I get any relief, she'll do the left but wanted to wait and see what develops.  I think it's feeling better but I didn't  expect an overnight miracle, and I am wanting it to work so bad, I don't know if it's mind over matter.  We'll know in a few days.

I had yet another reminder yesterday that the brain cells are changing in this old noggin of mine. Maddie had called me about 4 pm asking if I'd take her to the high school so she could watch a basketball game. I hate driving in the dark and it was pouring down rain but you  work to conquer those fears when it's a grandchild request.  She called me again at 4:15 and asked if I would pick her  up at 4:55 instead of 5. (I had already forgot the first request so I was glad she called)  At 5:05 my phone rings again as she's wondering where I am.  Yep!  I forgot again!  Good Lord!  In my defense, I was involved in this computer project that was taking all my concentration but still......

Well, I guess I'll get started on my paperwork now.  Have one bill to pay this morning. My first medical bill of something not covered by insurance.  $75 for a pair of compression stockings the doctor ordered.  Talk about a ripoff!  It never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment