My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years Day

Ever since I arrived on Christmas eve day, I've been sleeping in until 7 or 7:30 or even later.  This morning, though, my body clock wanted to set a new schedule.  I woke up at 4:30 and while I intended to go right back to sleep, things didn't quite work out that way.  I'll most likely end up napping later but that's okay.

I got up at 6, fixed coffee, toast, and a bowl of cereal.  Booted up the laptop and began surfing around online. Sorry to see that Raleigh Haynes passed away but not totally surprised.  Seems like many times a mate will follow shortly after their spouse; especially if they were a close couple like him and Lois were.

Not much on my agenda today.  I think I'll sort through various files on my external hard drive and see what needs to be sorted or deleted.  Doesn't that sound like an exciting way to start the new year?  I laid in bed last night thinking over the various jobs I have to attend to when I get home.  I think one of the first things is to clean out my clothes closet.  I don't know why that's always so hard but it is.  I hate to toss out anything although I'll most likely donate to Goodwill.  Not that my clothes are anything people will fight to get their hands on.  Ha Ha

I've got way too many blouses and t-shirts I seldom wear and then there's those very pretty, like-new dresses.  The polyester ones that make me look like the old lady I am.  Still....if I need a dress to wear sometime......we'll see.

I've got to play around with my new phone today, as well.  Took me a while to even figure out how to answer it when I had a call. (You need to slide to the right ONLY)  I kept sending it to voicemail with a message saying: I'm busy. I'll call you back.   It's quite an interesting and fun toy as I can check email, Facebook, ebay, etc. but I'm lousy at texting.  For one thing, I need to use a stylus pen.  My fingers just won't hit the key I want.  All  in good time.

Yesterday I went to lunch with Ann Robson (Judy Scott) who lives up on Tiger Mountain in Issaquah. Not really too far from here.  We went to a little restaurant in old Issaquah and then browsed some shops nearby.  I'd forgotten how short she is.  I think I  have but two friends that I'm taller than and I always enjoy standing by them.  Mainly because it doesn't happen often.  Ann and I graduated high school together.
I'm going to play around with my cameras today too.  I have a camera on my new phone but I'm thinking my old cell takes a better picture.  I also have two other cameras here and I intend to test them all to see which I prefer.  Mary posted these on Facebook  recently and I couldn't wait to get a copy for my blog.  I've already explained to Jake that he might as well get used to the idea of cameras as they're going to be a big part of his life.

Well,  it's a little after 7 now.  What should I do?  Go  back to bed (I'm the only one up right now although the baby had them up at 5) or maybe I'll turn on the tv and watch the news.  Or....maybe I'll go to Yahoo and work a crossword puzzle.  Yeah, that sounds like a plan.  Have a good first day of the year!  It doesn't seem that long ago that we were saying goodbye to 1999 and getting ready to welcome 2000.  Man!  Fourteen years ago!   Ha Ha  I remember saying that I was going to go on a date the last day of 1999 and break in the new century right.  I don't believe that happened.  I really need to get out more but I'm not in the mood now.

No comments:

Post a Comment