My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, January 23, 2014

My Thursday chores

I know.  Could the subject of my chores be anything but boring?  Ha!  I don't let boring subjects stop me, however, if I'm in a blogging mood.  That would be obvious if you looked over my previous posts.  With that said....here's my prospective day.

My chore list is actually rather short...unload the dishwasher, wash a load of laundry, and mop the kitchen floor.  I'm not especially looking forward to the floor but I'll deal with it.  Every time I look out the front window and see my garden area near the front door, I tell myself it wouldn't kill me to go out there and pull some weeds.  I'm a little bit intimidated right now, though.  I took a nasty fall in that area last July and it screwed up several months of my life.  I'm also continuing to suffer with arm and shoulder pain so I imagine clawing around with a hoe and such wouldn't go over real big with the biceps.  Still.... the first halfway decent sunny day that comes along, I think I'll try to put in a half hour or so.  Resting my arms hasn't helped so why not put them to work?

I got up at 7 this morning as I had hobbies I wanted to work on.  After I got the coffee brewing, I sat down at Google to look up something.  Still amazes me how it can read my mind and finish my sentence -- no matter how queer the subject matter is.  I wrote:  Do I need to prewash fabric and one of the choices it gave me to choose was "fat quarters."  Which is what I wanted.  Love computers when I'm not hating them.

Unfortunately, the answer wasn't much help.  They listed a number of reasons why you should and then listed why you shouldn't bother.  I guess I'll make up my own mind.

I sat too long at my jigsaw puzzle yesterday so I'm planning to sidestep that card table as much as possible today. I have other things to play around with.  Like my quilt squares.  Also need to work on my genealogy/story/picture project.  It's kind of evolving as I go as I'm still not completely sure if I like the way it's going.

I turned off the tv even sooner than I normally would and switched to Pandora music.  I am not fond of news stories that I have to listen to a second or third time and their "lead" stories were all heard last night on the evening news.  I'm also not interested in that stupid Justin Bieber's bad behavior, and give me a break!  How many times do we need to listen to that football rant!!!  It was actually kind of entertaining so what's the big deal?  I'll tell you....the reporters try so hard to make a mountain out of molehill so they can justify their paychecks.  Listening to that crap is about as interesting as reading my blog.  Ha ha

Got some cute cartoons in an email this morning.  Here's a couple that made me laugh.....

I enjoyed that second picture because it's something I wish I had the nerve to do.  And who knows, the more I think about it, the more I just might do it someday.  When I run errands early in the morning, I usually take a certain route through downtown just so I can observe the homeless.  I know that sounds cheeky but I find their lifestyle very fascinating.  This one particular older woman I've seen in various spots sitting with her little cart and her cardboard sign.  I've sometimes thought I'd like to stop and visit with her but I doubt she'd welcome the company. Who knows, though. I just might.  Maybe she'll let me take her picture in exchange for a dollar or two.  I need to do different things this year.

Well, time to get busy. First thing I'm gonna do is switch my laptop to a different table so I'm looking out the window as I type.  My foot keeps getting caught on the wire from my keyboard right now and  I'm always looking for another excuse to rearrange.

Here's the latest picture that Mary posted on Facebook of Jacob.  Man, do they ever grow fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment