My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, January 20, 2014

Making a little progress

I finished my first quilt square this morning and am looking forward to trying a different pattern every day or two.  I've got the greatest book that is easy to follow --which is why I invested in a bunch of fat squares at the material shop today.
Before I sat down to sew, I was determined to get the border done on this jigsaw puzzle my sister gave me for Christmas.  The pieces are extra large so even though it's 1000-pc I think it should go faster than that darn tulip one that I gave up on disgust.  Unfortunately, this puzzle takes up my whole card table so I have to have a few paper plates of pieces on the side.  Should keep me busy for a while.
I had planned to move to my next project (genealogy work with pictures inserted) but I think I'm going to need a nap first.  I yawned for hours yesterday from 4 pm to 10 pm (had to stay up to see Downton Abbey.  I thought for sure I would be out like a light but I tossed around past midnight.  Probably 'cause I had to go to the doctors this morning.  I hate going to the doctor.

Here's a couple of photos I posted on Facebook today.  50 years ago and 20 years ago.  The first was 11 students from my class that (I think) went to baccalaureate services.  Or maybe it was just the Presbyterian people. The second was taken at my 50th birthday party (a surprise) at Hadlock House.
Hard to believe that was two decades ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment