My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Another wet day

It's been foggy, gray, damp, drizzly, rainy, and kinda cold all day long.  Perfect day for starting a new project.  I pulled out half a dozen photo boxes and intend to sort through them, scan several on my computer, identify and date (I hope), and maybe even discard a few.  I try to clean up my files every now and again but I don't think they'll ever be really straightened up.  I already have several in albums and on my external hard drive.  Oh well, busy work keeps me off the streets.
I set up my old computer and scanner as I've always felt it takes better copies than my newer one.
Was kind of hard to remember how everything plugged in and operated but I managed.
Sold another book today. Joyce Lee (class of '58) came by to visit. She's my new pal in P.A. Darn! I forgot to take her picture. Oh well, next time.

I dropped off a couple sacks at Goodwill this morning after taking the twins to school and shopping at Safeway.  I did my exercises, worked my jigsaw puzzle, and I think that's about it.  The yawns are already starting so maybe I'll take a nap when I finish blogging.  I never used to like naps but now they've become a way of life.

Bought some Brussels sprouts and broccoli at the grocery story today so I'll layer then in a roasting pan with some carrots and potatoes and tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil and bake them up for supper. Then I can have Oreos for dessert and not feel too guilty.

Two cute cartoons I got recently.... reflect my life these days.



And from Linda Farina........
Another year has passed
And we're all a little older.
Last summer felt hotter
 And winter seems much colder.

There was a time not long ago
When life was quite a blast.
Now I fully understand
About 'Living in the Past'

We used to go to weddings,
Football games and lunches.
 Now we go to funeral homes
And after-funeral brunches.

We used to have hangovers,
From parties that were gay.
Now we suffer body aches
And wile the night away.

We used to go out dining,
And couldn't get our fill.
 Now we ask for doggie bags,
Come home and take a pill.

We used to often travel
To places near and far.
Now we get sore asses
From riding in the car.

We used to go to nightclubs
And drink a little booze.
 Now we stay home at night
And watch the evening news.

That, my friend is how life is,
And now my tale is told.
So, enjoy each day and live it up...

Before you're too darned old!

And here's a song by Bruno Mars that I love....




And here's the guy I dated when I was much younger.....well, in my dreams maybe. Sure do miss The King. This is one of my favorites that he's known for.


No comments:

Post a Comment