My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday errands

Did a little running around today.  Stopped to get gas as I was close to empty and ran into Safeway to pick up a few items.  Over to the court house and then realized it was actually city hall I needed to be at. I always seem to get those two buildings confused.  Picked up a form to apply for reduced electric rates.  Then it was over to the cable tv office to drop off the box and reduce my channels down to the basic.  Over to Walgreens to pick up some reprints and then I was home until the afternoon when I picked up Maddie to take her to basketball practice.

I drove into Sequim to see the root canal dentist about why my front tooth continues to plague me. He x-rayed it again and said it looks okay so I must be grinding at night.  I've got a mouth guard thingie and I think I'll try to wear it all through the night to see if it helps.  I altered my overbite a bit when I fell on my face.

Also made a doctor appt for this Friday to see my doctor about my shoulders which are still causing me a lot of grief.  I could barely get in and out of the car or put on the seatbelt this morning and was literally walking like someone who had been run over.  This afternoon it's eased a bit so I'm assuming a pinched nerve is to blame.  Not sure what can be done about that.  Surgery perhaps but I'm not keen on walking down that road.

I forced myself to finish thinning down my clothes closet and I did make some progress there. Got two bags to take to Goodwill.

I probably could have donated more t-shirts but sometimes they're just too hard to part with.  I ended up retrieving four shirts as I attempted to stick them in the bag.  One I decided was like new (and large) so I could cut it up for a quilt.  Ha ha  Same with my muu muu.  Will look a whole lot better as a blanket than it did on my bod!

Mailman said he didn't get my "start mail notice" but he'll deliver tomorrow.  I sold a book on ebay today so I'll be making a post office run in the morning to the neighborhood grocery store.  I should have all my to-do lists completed then so I can start to play.  Am thinking of starting a 1000-piece jigsaw and maybe setting up my sewing machine again.  I also need to get on that exercise bike.

Here's a video in tribute to Phil Everly.  I had all their records.


No comments:

Post a Comment